Altai Capital is an investment fund with over $100 million in assets under management. Founded in 2009, Altai recently re-located from New York City to Newport Beach. Altai focuses on public investments in the technology, media, telecommunications and consumer-related sectors. While predominantly targeting the North American market, Altai is able to pursue a broad scope of investment opportunities across all industries and regions. Altai Capital has a close relationship with one of Southern California’s largest venture capital funds and occasionally works with this fund to evaluate new opportunities as well as diligence existing investments.
Altai Capital is seeking a data scientist to lead our information and data-focused research efforts. The ideal candidate will be experienced in thinking creatively about how and where to source data. The candidate must be able to develop and analyze data sets in order to answer key questions regarding potential investment opportunities and existing portfolio companies. These diligence questions will typically deal with market size, market share, product growth rates, and other areas critical to investment decision-making.
Altai Capital encourages a flat organizational structure and is looking for a person that will fill a crucial role on the investment team.
What we are looking for:
- Strong statistical skills and familiarity with machine learning techniques
- Fluency with analytical programming, especially as it applies to cleaning, reshaping, exploring and visualizing data
- Interest in learning about investing and taking on increasing levels of responsibility in recommending investment decisions
- Ability to clearly convey complex concepts with plain, precise language
- Demonstrated ability to produce high-quality, scalable analyses
- Creative and versatile analytical skills