Quantitative Strategist – PhD Hire
As a Quantitative Strategist, you will use problem-solving and programming skills in order to create and execute profitable trading strategies. By being at the intersection of trading, quant research and technology, your work will have immediate impact and will propel SIG ahead of other players in the financial markets. Quant Strategists are seated at the heart of our trading floor, constantly collaborating with others and continually exploring the dynamic intricacies within the game of trading.
No finance experience required. SIG will provide extensive education on financial markets, game theory, and decision science. Through our education program and exposure on our trading floor, you will be equipped to dive deep into data sets and find solutions to complex problems in a real-time environment.
What we're looking for
- Graduating PhD students or postdoctoral researchers in quantitative fields such as Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Operations Research
- Solid, analytical problem-solving skills and excellent logical reasoning
- Exceptional communication skills, both in the ability to understand others and to make yourself clearly understood
- Strong, practical computer programming skills
- Demonstrated interest in strategic games and/or competitive activities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and competitive environment
- Visa sponsorship is available for this position
- Relaxed dress code: jeans and sneakers are the norm, shorts all summer long
- Food, beverages, and snacks available all day
- A 9,000 square-foot gym with cardio, cross fit and strength machines, plus yoga and indoor cycling classes
- Discounts for dining, entertainment, shopping, travel, and attractions
- Social events including a poker tournament, dinners, and sporting events in Philadelphia
- On-site Wellness Center staffed with full-time Nurse Practitioner
- On-site services such as barber, dry cleaning and laundry, auto repair and detailing, and ATM
- Opportunities to give back to the community through SIG sponsored events and donation drives
For more information, please contact Emily Selzam at Emily.Selzam@sig.com
We don’t post salary ranges externally so any salary estimate you see listed on a third party website was not provided by SIG and may not be accurate.
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.