Software and Systems Engineering Intern
2019-005-RDL: Software and Systems Engineering Intern
Location Lexington, MA
Riverside Research is looking for an Intern/ Co-op with a strong interest in systems and software engineering and the ability to rapidly learn radar system performance analysis, including design and capability assessment.
The work is to be performed primarily at our Radar Assessment and Development Laboratory (RAD Lab) located in Lexington, MA.
All Riverside Research opportunities require U.S. Citizenship.
• Assist with agile software development which includes: design, develop, implement, test, and debug complex software code
• Provide systems support for sensors, create toolsets to assist with performance analysis
• Perform analysis of radar data to determine performance health of the system
• Assess viability of differing M&S approaches and opportunities to integrate into existing radar analysis tools
• Investigate and resolve system and software anomalies
• Participate in radar system modernization and architecture studies
• Other duties as assigned
• Must be a current U.S Citizen
• Enrollment in a Bachelor’s degree program in Computer Science or related science field.
• 3.2 GPA or higher
• Programming & Software Experience: MATLAB, C/C++, Java, Python, HTML, Linux
• Applicable coursework that is considered helpful includes:
o Linear systems
o Machine learning
o Deep learning
o Digital signal processing
o Communication systems
o Digital image processing
o Data mining
o Data systems/structures
o Artificial intelligence
o Parallel computing
o RF/Microwave Engineering
o Electromagnetic Fields and Waves
o Probability/Noise and Stochastic Processes
o Microwave Circuits and Networks
Riverside Research strives to be one of America’s premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.