Assistant Media Analyst, Digital Investment
**We are looking to hire for this role ASAP. If you are graduating in May 2020, please check back within a month of graduation and apply then. Thanks!**
The assistant analyst plays a vital role in the investment process, supporting both the analyst and supervisor in day to day operations. Qualified candidates should be capable of adapting quickly to shifts in direction, able to learn on the fly and apply cumulative learnings to future work, and a true team player with strong relationship building skills. He/she will need to collaborate daily with multiple internal and external parties and should display very strong written and verbal communication skills. Basic knowledge of business acumen including both media and finance is strongly desired.
WHAT THE JOB DEMANDS
- Adaptable: Ability to adapt to quick changes in direction seamlessly. Thrives in a fast paced environment and can jump into and out of projects nimbly.
- Analytical Thinker: Assistant analysts must apply analytical daily and must be comfortable with sophisticated analysis and research. Must be a numbers person with ability to think critically and independently.
- Problem Solving/diplomacy/cool-headed: clients, partners and even ourselves- are imperfect, but all challenges have solutions. Helping navigate them and/or asking for help from above in a calm manner is key. (no change)
- Hunger for Using Data: Strong desire to use data points to form investments and tell a client story
- Business Acumen: Must understand basic business principals of media industry and how their role fits within the ecosystem. Basic understanding of economics is a plus
- Quick Learner: Picks up new learnings quickly and is able to apply past learnings to future situations. Asks questions when necessary and appropriately. Can easily accumulate learnings over time and apply them appropriately in the future.
- Storyteller: Can communicate effectively with Supervisors on status of workload and potential challenges. Possesses strong written/verbal communication skills
- Hunger for Innovation: our clients want and have some access to truly never-been-done-before opportunities. Helping determine the ‘right’ ones and bringing them to life in impactful ways.
- Passion for Media: displays passion for pop culture, trends and motivations in consumer behavior. Is a heavy consumer of media and/or audio.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
- Interest in the principles of advertising, marketing and media
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Exhibit proficiency with computer programs, but specifically Excel
- Aptitude and ability to utilize a variety of industry and proprietary analytics tools
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to effectively and comfortably communicate and interact with clients and vendors
- Ability to follow-through on tasks and be detail-oriented
OMG is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.