Data Analytics Intern
At Qorvo, our vision is to do more than create innovative RF solutions for the mobile, defense and infrastructure markets. We are helping to innovate and shape the future of wireless communications. For interns or college students like you, that means having access to amazing career-building opportunities. Whether you are interested in engineering, planning, research, marketing or manufacturing, Qorvo is large enough to engage you in many learning opportunities yet small enough for you to make a direct impact. Join our culture of innovation and enjoy how Qorvo is connecting the world by shaping and launching the next generation of RF solutions. Our mission at Qorvo starts with our employees. As a unified global team, we bring a commitment to excellence and growth and a passion for creating what's next. Explore the possibilities with us.
This is a full-time internship position located in Greensboro, NC. The position will be temporary in nature and last approximately 3 months (May-August, 2020)
We are looking for a Data Analytics/Science Engineer intern at our Greensboro, NC site to quickly identify yield and reliability issues based on multiple data sources and analytics.
- Candidate will work with customer quality and other supporting engineering teams to develop a standardized reporting application with the ability to drill wide and down across multiple data sources covering the data collected throughout products supply chain.
- They will work with each data source to model and document their relationships within the supply chain business process to to drive correlation and commonality analysis.
- They will leverage existing analytic software, tools and methods employed across Qorvo to build the dashboard and tools needed to solve problems.
- To be successful the candidate should have
- strong background in data analytics and programming.
- Able to work independently to meet objectives.
- Proactively seek help and knowledge from others.
- Strong communication/documentation/presentation Skills
- Knowledge of databases, data structure, data transformation, data mining and statistical analysis.
- Experience with programming languages such as Java, R and Python.
- Experience with analytical software packages such as JMP, Tableau and Spotfire.
- Knowledge in engineering, semiconductor physics and statistics is desirable.
- Must have a 3.0 GPA or Higher or can demonstrate they have delivered similar solutions already if GPA not met.
- Currently enrolled in B.S, MS, or PhD in Science, Statistics or Math. Bachelors of Science or higher in Engineering or computer science with emphasis on data science or analytics
NOTE: Because this is a student internship, candidate must be a currently enrolled student in a degree-seeking accredited program.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE AT QORVO:
We are Qorvo. We do more than create innovative RF solutions for the mobile, defense and infrastructure markets – we are a place to innovate and shape the future of wireless communications. It starts with our employees. As a unified global team, we bring a commitment to excellence, growth and a passion for creating what's next. Explore the possibilities with us.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) / Affirmative Action employer and welcome all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, and/or any other status protected by law.