Logistics Intern - Summer 2020 - Chicago, IL (Goose Island)
The purpose of this internship is for you to learn the ins and outs of our business and the logistics industry. At the direction of a mentor in Operations, Sales, or Procurement you will learn about the potential career paths at Circle and what it takes to be successful here. Daily activities will include assisting in our day to day operations, data entry, tracking truckloads across North America, email marketing, lead generation, and carrier procurement.
In the final weeks of the program, you will pick a role of your choice in either Sales, Operations, or Procurement and, at the direction of a mentor, execute the duties and responsibilities of the role as if you were full-time. This will give you a chance to gain real-world experience and determine if Circle's career paths align with your goals.
Opportunity for a full-time position based on successful demonstration of each role throughout the internship.
- Tracking shipments and drivers providing detailed updates within our TMS software
- Learn internal and external reporting tools to provide data to customer reps and managers
- Assist with developing reports for customer pricing and internal pricing history
- Coordinate available customer freight with available carrier equipment
- Communicate internally and externally to ensure customers expectations are exceeded
- Learn sales techniques and relationship building
- Work on assigned projects and meet set deadlines
- Perform administrative tasks and duties as necessary
- Gain a strong understanding of our business and the industry
- Paid internship
- Opportunity for a full-time position based on successful demonstration of each role throughout the internship.
- Room for advancement in a fast-growing company that aims to promote from within
- On-site training and career development
- Casual dress code
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree
- Above average to expert proficiency with Google Drive and Microsoft Excel (vlookup, pivot tables, reports)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced working environment
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Ability to multitask and work on multiple projects at once