Project Management Intern
As a Project Management Intern with Rexnord, you will be part of the Innovation Center Project Management Office (PMO)Team where you will be assigned a mentor who will guide your progress towards completion of specific project goals associated with launch of high visibility product development. You will also work to develop or enhance the Customer Focused Innovation (CFI) Process, which is the process that is used in the launch of new products. Additionally, you will have opportunity to participate in leadership development and networking activities to gain exposure to Rexnord culture and leadership.
The Project Management Intern will have project responsibility on the PMO team at the Rexnord Innovation Center in Milwaukee. Integrating with the New Product Development team, the intern will be expected to investigate, develop, and launch process improvements necessary to amplify the impact of Rexnord’s new product development efforts.
During this specific assignment, the intern will have two key projects: One, they will assist in the preparation to launch a new product within the Process and Motion Control (PMC) product lines. Additionally, they will work to improve the CFI process by creating new tools to communicate the process and generally assist in the Continuous Improvement of the CFI Process.
Two, they will assist in the creation of the monthly Portfolio Management Report. They will translate data gathered from a broad group of internal stakeholders into actionable information that will improve Rexnord’s ability to prioritize New Product Development projects across our PMC platform. This internship opportunity will also provide valuable hands-on experience in project management, research, communication, and visual daily management.
- Self-motivated, desire to learn and contribute in a stretch goal environment
- Study in a related field (Engineering, Marketing or Business Administration)
- Interest in process improvement with direct application to New Product Development and Process Improvement
- Familiarity with the Business Processes Used to Develop New Products preferred
- Proven ability to interact with a cross functional team encompassing engineering, product management, finance, supply chain and operations
- Proven analytical problem-solving skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and organize work efficiently
- Demonstrated leadership skills and continuous improvement mindset
- Skilled with MS Office and ability to create training materials in different media
Experience and Skill Required
- Action Oriented
- Drives Results
- Communicates Effectively
Headquartered in Milwaukee, Rexnord is a concentrated multiplatform industrial leader with exceptional and trusted brands that serve a diverse array of global end markets. Every day approximately 7,000 associates across the globe work to deliver smarter solutions to our customers and create long-term value for our shareholders. Simply put, we advance the efficient use of resources by Solving Smarter.
Our Process & Motion Control platform supplies highly-engineered mechanical and digi-mechanical component solutions for complex production systems where reliability is critical, and the costs of failure or downtime are high.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran