We're driving toward the ultimate victory: a world without the fear of cancer.
The Corporate Finance team is a globally engaged organization that accelerates Varian's strategy by providing critical insights, secure and scalable services in support of internal and external stakeholders. The team includes the Controllership, Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A), Treasury, Tax, Internal Audit and Investor Relations functions.
We are looking for interns to join our finance team. As part of your internship, you will gain experience in supporting projects in various functional areas. Your internship will focus on a project supported by one of those functions to provide meaningful improvement.
Some past job duties and projects have included:
- Project planning activities – gathering, reviewing and interpreting data
- Creating automated tools and templates that increase efficiency and productivity
- Assist in implementation of new global accounting systems to improve review and analysis
- Assist with coordination and preparation of quarterly financial reports
- Participate in implementation of new revenue recognition project
- Assist with financial due diligence for potential acquisitions
- Assist with analysis of banking fees, foreign exchange transactions and hedging strategies.
Individuals with drive, looking for a career path and development plan at a company where they will have impact and be proud to work.
- Students graduating with a Bachelor's degree in 2021 or later
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Information Systems, or a related field
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Access and SharePoint
- Highly driven and resourceful
- Project management experience with excellent attention to detail
- Strategic thinker with exceptional analytical skills
- Strong written and oral communication, including large group presentations
We're unleashing the power of technology and human ingenuity to achieve new victories in the fight against cancer. Join us and have a global impact.