Applied AI/ML Scientist
We are Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting.
We’re the world leader in lighting for professionals, consumers and for the Internet of Things. Our passion for sustainability makes us one of the top 10 greenest companies in the world.
See #SignifyLife through the eyes of our employees!
Working as an Applied AI/ML Scientist at Signify is dynamic. You‘ll be responsible to innovate new breakthrough solutions based on AI/ML. We’re greater together through peer learning in our globally diverse team, with different backgrounds and nationalities.
We’re looking for an Applied AI/ML Scientist who’ll be responsible for developing and applying new concepts of machine learning to data. You’ll be part of the Signify Research Team located at the heart of Cambridge, MA; a center of excellence on Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning Innovation for Signify. The team works together with the Signify Global Research, businesses and functions on AI/ML. Its responsibilities are at the heart of driving AI/ML innovations for systems, new IoT propositions, and innovative apps. If you are someone who always comes up with great ideas and ready to use your creative mind to solve practical problems, this role may be for you. You will learn and apply new cutting-edge techniques that will be rewarding for your career. With a great freedom to innovate, you will play an active role and grow yourself on AI and ML.
What you’ll do
- Apply your AI/ML knowledge to develop innovative solutions and build first-of-a-kind proof-of-concept demonstrators using data coming from IoT devices, connected lighting systems and other data sources.
- Actively scout, keep track of, evaluate, and leverage disruptive technologies, and emerging industrial, academic, technological and socioeconomic trends.
- Transfer technology and share insights and best practices across innovation teams.
- Generate intellectual property for the company.
- We look at you to partner with us in building breakthrough AI/ML enabled solutions and apply modern AI techniques to create value from the data. These AI enabled solutions go beyond lighting; we are exploring new applications that leverage the ubiquitous connected nodes of lighting in buildings, homes, cities, retail, industrial facilities, and other external data sources.
What you’ll need
- PhD degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related fields, MS with strong relevant school or work experience can also be accepted.
- The ideal candidate will be a fresh PhD Graduate up to 3 years of working experience or an MS graduate with up to 5 years of working experience.
- In-depth technical knowledge of AI, deep learning, and machine learning algorithms with proven experience, including strong knowledge of the mathematical underpinnings behind these various methods; Computer vision/Deep Learning architectures
- Strong fundamental knowledge of statistical data processing, regression techniques, neural networks, decision trees, clustering, pattern recognition, probability theory, stochastic systems, Bayesian inference, statistical techniques and dimensionality reduction, including mastering the mathematical underpinnings of these methods
- Applying deep learning models in large-scale AI systems
- Knowledge of Natural Language Processing is a strong plus.
- Strong Programming experience with Java, Python, TensorFlow or other related tools
- Strong experience with opensource technologies to accelerate innovation
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills as well as ability to work in a global team
Skills and experience in some of the following areas would be a plus:
- Experience with distributed software systems, computer networking and big data analytics infrastructure
- Proficiency in software API design and access control to enable new services and applications
- Experience in data engineering and visualization
- Understanding of IoT frameworks and edge computing
- Prior agile/Scrum experience
What you’ll get in return…
You will have a unique opportunity to make a difference by innovating new IoT applications, data and analytics enabled systems and services for the Philips Lighting business. You will have a great opportunity to create innovations and technical breakthroughs with major potential business impact, drive them to business successes, protected by relevant IP. You will conduct end-to-end innovation with the business, markets and end-customers by leveraging global teams, and the US entrepreneurial and innovative ecosystem. You will have ample opportunities to partner with world class universities. You will be encouraged to publish and secure your ideas with patents
What we promise
We’re committed to the continuous development of our employees, using our learning to shape the future of light and create a sustainable future. Join the undisputed leader in the lighting industry and be part of our diverse global team. #WeAreSignify #SignifyLife