The successful Simulation Engineer will have a passion for problem solving, creativity, and ingenuity to develop simulation and modeling packages for our clients in a rapid-moving and dynamic environment. This is an exciting opportunity where you will use your expert simulation and modeling skills to assist in the design of hospitals and other medical facilities. This may also lead to working with engineering teams designing manufacturing facilities and distribution centers. The Simulation Engineer will work with other talented supply chain & industrial engineers, data analysts, Project Managers, Directors, and client teams to provide creative solutions for our clients that exceed their expectations.
· Develop simulation models using discrete event simulation packages such as FlexSim and/or AnyLogic.
· Execute integration and configuration of supply chain systems and simulation analysis.
· Collaborate with engineering teams in our healthcare business unit to develop strategies related to patient flow, process improvement, new hospital design and layout, and materials movement. Will also work with manufacturing and distribution business units as needed.
· Develop and deploy a framework of continuous improvement utilizing lean principles by performing value-stream analysis simulations.
· Develop presentation materials and communicate findings in client meetings.
· Will be expected to interact with the client and must have strong customer-facing capabilities.
· Assist in writing final reports and other key deliverables as required.
Education & Experience:
· Classroom and/or internship/co-op experience of simulation and modeling experience using professional discrete event simulation packages such as FlexSim or AnyLogic.
· Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline.
· Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Discrete event simulation software experience.
· Strong analytical skills with the ability to manipulate data in databases via SQL and spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel.
· MS Office Proficiency.
· General programming experience (Python, Visual Basic, C++, Java, etc.).
· This position is based in York, PA.
· Travel is required, typically 5-15% but travel may vary and could be heavy at times