Summer Internship- Continuous Improvement, Strategy and Business Transformation Intern
Internship, Continuous Improvement, Strategy and Business Transformation Intern
- National Life Group - USA
Analytical skills, organizational skills, attention to detail, team orientation, ability to handle multiple tasks, quick learner, communication skills, integrity, confidentiality, high degree of professionalism.
DESCRIPTION OF ASSIGNMENT
The intern will have the opportunity to interact with various levels of business leaders throughout NLG. This interaction with provide them a foundational understanding of the processes and the underlying goals of the departments. They will be working on operational excellence/continuous improvement projects and other process mapping and procedure documentation tasks. They will be working throughout the summer to work independently and in teams with oversight from Strategy and Business Transformation leadership.
TYPICAL JOB ASSIGNMENTS
1. Perform current state process mapping and value stream mapping. The interns will lead brainstorming and documentation of processes and underlying data to analyze the processes. Perform value stream mapping exercises and other quick process improvements techniques (Kaizen, Workouts, etc.).
2. Lead the conversation with business teams to gather the underlying data to perform process capability analysis and identity potential opportunities of improvement.
3. Assist the Strategy and Business Transformation team on internal processes.
4. The Intern will be responsible for setting up meetings, updating the documentation, helping to analyze data and risks, controls to mitigate the risks and other tasks as assigned by the manager.