Cost Plus World Market Internship- Summer 2020
GENERAL PROGRAM INFORMATION
The Cost Plus World Market Internship Program is designed to furnish students with practical hands-on work experience related to their respective major of study. During the ten week program, interns will be able to work on individual and group business-related projects that will impact the company. Interns will also gain exposure to different areas of our business through field trips, executive lunches, workshops, and shadowing employees in other departments.
Departments that typically participate in the program include: eCommerce, Finance, Human Resources, Inventory Management, Business Intelligence, Marketing – Digital, Marketing - Creative, Merchandising – Home, Merchandising – Consumables, Store Operations and Visual Merchandising.
Skills we’re looking for:
- Currently enrolled in an institution of higher learning with a Junior or Senior class standing.
- Excellent team player with the ability to bring innovative ideas to the organization.
- Problem solving – Able to use logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions.
- Ability to anticipate needs, innovate and flourish in a fast-paced retail environment.
- Personal initiative; ability to work alone or in a group environment and take personal initiative to complete complex tasks.
- Relationship management – Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners.
- System and tool acumen. Familiarity with Microsoft Excel, Outlook and have an aptitude to learn technical applications quickly.
- Demonstrate strong listening, written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Open and flexible to change.
- Experience in a retail environment is a plus.