Operations Leadership Development Program - Internship
Operations Leadership Development Program SUMMER INTERNSHIP
Who We Are
BURGER KING®, TIM HORTONS®, and POPEYES® are iconic brands. But Restaurant Brands International itself is relatively new. Over the past ten years, RBI has acquired these three powerhouses and expanded around the world. We are an industry leader within the quick service restaurant sector with more than $30 billion in system sales and over 25,000 restaurants in over 100 countries and US territories.
RBI is dynamic, inventive, diverse, entrepreneurial, and never afraid to take risks. We are growing fast, thinking faster and constantly exploring new opportunities. We have big plans for the future and for the people who want to make that future happen. We know the secret ingredient to our success is our people, and our goal is to attract and retain interns that are humble, hardworking, and hungry to take on new challenges over a 10- week internship that is specific to Operational functions such as Equipment & Systems, Training, Guest Experience, Restaurant Operations, and Food Safety across all three brands.
Be bold. Think bigger.
For the first time, RBI has designed an internship that is specifically geared to tackle one of RBI’s largest function areas- Operations. Our 10-week internships for undergraduates give top-performing individuals an early taste of real business challenges.
During your summer with us, you’ll get to own at least one key project that’s been selected by our senior leaders. Past projects have included developing Content Creation Playbooks with the objective to increase learner’s information retention, engagement, and brand love– projects which offer the opportunity to make a tangible impact on the business. This is definitely not a coffee-getting, copy-making kind of internship – you’ll be using your talents to the fullest. Do well, and we’ll invite you to join our Leadership Development Program immediately after graduation! Continue to be a part of the excitement!
The Summer Internship
After onboarding and training, you’ll jump right into your team project, honing your collaboration and interpersonal skills. The Key Projects will reflect problems or issues related to RBI’s Business Operations opportunities and sustained growth. Interns will have the entirety of the summer to assess the issue using RBI’s Problem Solving Methodology and make realistic and viable recommendations. At the end of the ten weeks, interns will present their recommendations to top leadership with the very real possibility that it will be implemented! We offer key projects in the following areas:
- Restaurant Standards
- Supply Chain
- Quality Assurance
- & more
Students majoring or concentrating in the following areas are preferred: Hospitality, Financial Management, Food & Beverage Management, Operations Control, Events Operations, Customer Relationship Management, etc.
You’ll receive plenty of guidance, support, and exposure throughout the summer. Your summer schedule will include professional development trainings, leadership team lunch-and-learns, formal and informal performance reviews, and social opportunities. Twice throughout the summer, you will be given a formal review by your supervisor to keep you on track.
Housing and Transportation
Location: Miami Office
5707 Blue Lagoon Drive
Miami, FL 33126
Housing throughout the summer will be provided for all interns.
What you'll need:
- A good academic track record – you should be a student graduating the following Fall or Spring, working towards a degree in Hospitality, Restaurant Management, Engineering, Supply Chain, Food Production, Food & Beverage Management, Business Administration, Organizational Behavior, Customer Relationship Management, Operations Control, Events Operations, Franchising, or a similar field of study
- A performance-focused, results-oriented approach – you’ll have a strong work ethic and a determination to achieve success
- Strong ownership mentality and exceptional levels of self-motivation, ambition, and entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, leadership and motivational skills
- Solid analytical capabilities, structured thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel
- GPA of 3.5 and above strongly preferred