Overseas Business Teacher
Business Majors, we are hiring!
We are looking to hire 8 qualified Business background teachers. Masters Degree or 4+ years of business experience preferred. Higher salary for higher degrees.
This is a great opportunity for recent graduates who have a heart for traveling, mentoring students, touching lives, and to discover a career as an educator in Asia! If you like what you see in our get to know us videos, keep reading!
Intro to teaching Academic Courses: https://youtu.be/QCadmqXl6vQ
Intro to teaching at Sias University: https://youtu.be/udueN3ubihk
Sias University offers a variety of academic courses, taught primarily through two departments: the School of Foreign Languages and School of Business (the School of International Education is a separate program of- fered through Fort Hays State University).
Academic teachers prepare lectures and discussions for classes of 60 students on average, and multimedia classrooms are assigned for these courses. The full-time teaching load for academics is 12 class hours a week, providing ample time for preparation and meeting with students. Textbooks and other resources, including supervision, are provided. Applicants with corresponding degrees, teaching experience or work experience in an academic course discipline will be considered for openings.
Academics Course Openings:
We are looking to hire 9 qualified Business background teachers. Masters Degree or 4+ years of business experience preferred. Higher salary for higher degrees. See full list of openings here:
DEADLINE: May 1st (resume submission deadline) Submit here.
• Bachelor degree or higher preferred.
• Teaching experience preferred (if you have less than 2-years teaching experience you will need a TEFL certificate).
• TEFL certificate or similar certificates preferred.
• We give preference to those with marketplace experience in the topic taught as well as in- ternational experience, have a history of being a role-model to students, and are patient and flexi- ble when cultural differences create tension or strain.
• Airfare to China
• Return Airfare - with completed one year contract
• Accident Insurance
• Private Apartment:www.academicsinasia.com/foreign-faculty-housing
• Internet and Utilities Paid
• Western Meals: www.academicsinasia.com/food
• Free Weekend Trips: www.academicsinasia.com/culture-trips
• Paid Winter Holiday (7-8 weeks of paid holiday during Winter term)
• Paid Summer Holiday for those who sign a 3-year contract
• Free Chinese Night School Lessons and Scholarships for full-time language study (mornings)
• Student Loan Deferment Advice
• Starting salaries range from 6000 - 8000 RMB ($850-1100) a month depending on degree at- tained and other factors, with annual raises. (In 10 months, our faculty can save $3000-4000 USD). Use this tool to estimate your savings: www.academicsinasia.com/how-much-could-i-save
We have 130 Foreign faculty teachers and 11 Foreign Administrators and 50 dependents (children and non-working spouses). 22 Families, 10 couples without children and about 70 single teachers. 80% of foreign community are Americans and the rest are Canadian, Filipino, Indian, Jamaican, Hong Kong, Russian, Japanese, Mexican, Korean and German. See pictures: www.academicsinasia.com/employment/
About Sias University: Sias International University (Sias) birthed from the vision of Christian entrepreneur, Shawn Chen, to create an “East Meets West” experience. Sias is the first American-owned university in Central China and employs 130 foreign faculty, the most of any school in China, with with 50 dependent spouses and children. The average teacher stays for 4 years and 25-30% turnover creates 30-40 openings per year. Yearly we have openings for 15-20 Oral English teachers, 15-20 Business Teach- ers and 3-4 Elementary school teachers. See: www.en.sias.edu.cn
About Academics In Asia: AcademicsInAsia.com (AIA) is the recruiting branch of Sias. AIA also refers teachers to 10+ partner schools. AIA’s goal is to provide the best orientation and cultural experience for foreign teachers to benefit both the teacher and the students. This includes new teacher ori- entation at Sias for all the partner schools and cross-cultural training called Long-term Impact Training (LIT). Learn more at www.academicsinasia.com and our partner school openings at www.jobs.academicsinasia.com. Sub- scribe to the AIA Jobs Alerts: http://bit.ly/AIAupdates
Keep in Touch and Be Informed! Join our Job Alerts Updates Newsletter: https://my.sendinblue.com/users/subscribe/js_id/30jkx/id/2
(Contact for questions regarding interviewing)
Interview Coordinator & Academic Teacher
M.A. Intercultural Studies Columbia Int’l Univ.
Contact (with ANY questions)
209-877-SIAS (7427) (SMS me)
Connect with me on LInkedIn