Director of Merchandising, Strategic New Business
IPSY is the largest beauty subscription in the world, with over 3 million monthly members, and the first brand to combine a rich community platform with a highly personalized commerce experience. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York and Santa Monica, IPSY brings together a diverse group of rule-breaking thinkers and creative problem solvers with a penchant for getting things done. From Marketing and Media to Engineering and Operations, we stand together to celebrate individuality and inclusivity—and we’re just getting started.
About the Role:
We are looking for an intelligent and strategic Director of Merchandising for a strategic new business opportunity! The role will involve developing a new merchandising strategy to help further IPSY’s mission of encouraging self-expression. This includes assessing the competitive landscape, conducting market research, developing a vision, and collaborating with partners across the company to propel our membership to the next level. The Director of Merchandising will be a key member of the leadership team driving IPSY into its next stage of growth. This role will report to the SVP of Merchandising, Strategic New Business and is located in NYC.
Are you analytical, creative, passionate about fashion or beauty, and relish the challenge of launching a new business? If so, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Delight the community by developing a new membership opportunity
- Research and conceptualize new merchandise opportunities by assessing the competitive landscape and leading market research
- Ideate to keep the value proposition fresh, innovative, and exciting
- Create a vision and build a customer experience consistent with our brand
- Manage gross margin of new business
- Drive customer NPS
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7+ years of fashion or beauty merchandising experience
- Experience working at an innovative consumer brand or retailer
- Experience analyzing markets and trends, anticipating and finding opportunities and developing strategic insights
- Customer obsession
- Proven ability to develop strategy and take ideas from infancy to full execution. Deliver results
- Outstanding organizational and time-management abilities (a lover of lists and timelines). Great work ethic and sense of ownership and accountability
- Proven ability to work within a fast-paced, deadline-driven startup environment. Must be calm and collected under pressure. Comfort with quick decision making
- Excellent business judgment and quantitative skills
- Clear demonstration of internal cross-functional partnership and collaboration
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PPT) and Google Docs
- Passion for IPSY’s mission
Bonus if You Have:
- MBA from a top tier school
- 2+ years of strategy consulting or investment banking
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary & equity grants
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- Annual bonus program
- Paid time off & work from home flexibility
- Free Glam Bag Plus subscription
- Learning & development programs
We are an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us.