2020 University Graduate (U.S.) - Digital Enterprise Program
Have you ever wondered how companies with a long history such as Bechtel's keep up to date with current technology, figure out how to continuously improve tried and true processes, and encourage a learning environment where new ideas from our colleagues are tested and actually implemented?
At Bechtel, we have a long tradition of engineering, construction and project management (EPC) excellence in supporting multiple industries. To maintain that excellence and ensure we retain our premier position in the EPC industry, Bechtel has recently launched the Digital Enterprise Program (DEP) and team dedicated to helping Bechtel strengthen its competitive edge. The development and implementation of DEP will allow Bechtel to deliver increased value to our customers by improving all aspects of project performance and delivering, at turnover, the project and associated data they need to efficiently operate and maintain their facilities. DEP will also allow Bechtel to take advantage of machine learning capabilities and big data analytics on our projects - ensuring project success.
DEP will re-imagine EPC and set the standard for our industry for years to come. Interns that will be supporting the various DEP teams will help us harness the explosion in technology advances and apply them to our business. Locations will vary based on the project needs, and may include Houston, TX or Reston, VA, along with various project sites.
General Job Duties
DEP team interns may be responsible for:
- researching new business process options, including data attributes
- researching and testing new technologies;
- assisting with the management of program ideas as they progress through the process - prototype, and pilot implementation;
- overseeing product development;
- Bachelor of Science degree program in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, CIS, MIS, Mathematics or related field of study
- Possess the eligibility to work and remain in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Master of Science degree program in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, CIS, MIS, Mathematics or related field of study
- Completed relevant coursework with a strong GPA
- Excellent visual, written and oral communication skills
- Creative problem solver
- Interest in emerging technologies