As a Production Quality Engineer, you’re a key member of the production core team. This position includes production floor support to address process and supplier issues at all levels. The scope of your responsibilities, in this position will include process planning, inspection and test methodology, Non-Conforming Material Control, issue resolution and product acceptance. In addition, you’ll be involved with defect prevention through data analysis and effective execution of Root Cause Analysis and associated Corrective Action Implementation. You’ll also be a key member of cross-functional teams, bringing your quality science skills and expertise to drive issue resolution and process improvement. In addition, you’ll have regular interface with internal (Contracts, Engineering etc.) and external (DCMA) customers. The work hours for this position are Monday through Thursday 5:30 AM to 4:00 PM.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, Technology or Quality Assurance with 2+ years of experience in a Quality role in a manufacturing environment, or a Master's degree in Engineering, Science, Mathematics, or Quality Assurance
- This position requires either a US Person or a non-US Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- 4+ years of experience in a Quality role in a manufacturing environment
- Must be willing to travel occasionally (<5%) to our customers
- Knowledge of QMS ISO 9001 or AS 9100
- Must have strong computer skills and be especially proficient in MS Office
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have a passion for quality and prevention (doing it right the first time)
- Six Sigma certification, Lean certification, Statistical Process Control (SPC), FMEA (Failure Mode and Effects Analysis), Control Plans and / or American Society for Quality (ASQ) certifications
- Experience with Six Sigma methodology and tools such as lean manufacturing and continuous improvement
- General knowledge of industry technical standards (such as ANSI, CMMI, ASTM, etc.)
- Experience with Minitab or equivalent is a plus
- Requires at times to work long hours including overtime
- Will require some travel for personal training and customer visits
- Normal color vision and physical dexterity
- Use of normal office equipment including: copier, phone and personal computer using Microsoft Office
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. A review of this classification has excluded the marginal functions of the classification that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities to perform this job proficiently. The requirements in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
USSI is a trusted supplier of active and passive sonobuoys; advanced autonomous sensor systems; acoustic hailing and voice projection equipment.
Ultra Electronics is a UK-based defense, aerospace, cyber security, energy, and transportation products group. Ultra manages a portfolio of specialist capabilities, generating highly differentiated solutions and products by applying electronic, mechanical, and software technologies in demanding and critical environments to meet customer needs.
We offer medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, health savings accounts, paid time off, and a 401(k) plan with a Company match.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60–1.4(a), 60–300.5(a) and 60–741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing compensation. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodation statement: If you need an accommodation for any part of the application process, please email email@example.com