Field/Office Engineer Intern (Fall 2020) - Kiewit Offshore Services
Requisition ID: 90560
Kiewit Offshore Services is looking for Fall 2020 Intern or Co-op students who are able to work in Ingleside, TX from August - December. We look for individuals who can make a profound impact on our company culture every day. Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make one too through our construction operations. Whether we’re boring tunnels through mountains, turning rivers into energy or building bridges that connect communities, we depend on our passionate, skilled, and safety obsessed construction professionals to get it done right. You bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality, and an unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building the next big thing from the ground up. There’s a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won’t find anywhere else.
Kiewit Offshore Services, a district (or business unit) of Kiewit Corporation that builds structurally complex jackets and topsides for offshore oil drilling rigs. Located in Ingleside, TX, 20 minutes outside of Corpus Christi, the 550-acre fabrication yard is the workplace of 300 staff employees and 1400 craft employees who work in the yard year-round. The projects built by Kiewit Offshore Services require significant equipment planning, detailed cost estimates and schedules, a commitment to safety by all employees, and are truly unforgettable. The Kiewit Offshore Services team is a diverse, tight knit group that enjoys fun team building events such as deep-sea fishing, golfing, and sporting events throughout the year. The employees are extremely schedule driven, high-energy, friendly, and hard workers. Within the Oil, Gas & Chemical Industry, their teams are the best evidenced by the countless project opportunities from owners who seek their expertise when challenged with complex projects. Kiewit Offshore Service leaders are seeking employees who would enjoy living in Southern Texas, ready for a fast-paced career, trainable, and can work well within a diverse team.
• Due to the cyclical project nature of construction work, you will rotate between assignments in estimating, field engineering, and office engineering (design integration, planning, project controls, etc.)
• Work with a vibrant and diverse team to build, estimate, and schedule mechanical, electrical and heavy industrial construction.
• Support both administrative and construction activities as assigned by the supervisor, reviewing proposals/specifications, drawings, perform material takeoffs, prepare cost estimates and attend pre-bid investigation meetings.
• Learn how to supervise subcontractors and communicate with vendors.
• Prepare work plans, assure quality control, manage and track costs and materials, schedule equipment, administer safety programs and maintain exceptional owner relations will fall within the job duties as well.
• We are looking for the next generation of workers who strive for excellence and have the drive and desire that it takes to work in the fast-paced, heavy construction environment.
• Enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program in Construction Management, Maritime Engineering, Civil Engineering or related field is required
• Knowledge of construction safety and current federal & OSHA requirements
• Broad knowledge and ability to understand project scheduling and cost control, and to read and understand project owner specifications and engineering drawings
• Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office. Familiarity with SureTrak, Hard Dollar, Revit, SAP, Pro Log and/or Primavera “P6” is a plus
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment
• Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
• Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
• Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
• Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.