Autopilot - Design Verification Internship (Fall 2020)
Internship Program at Tesla
The University Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year around program places the best students in positions that they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by given them projects that are critical to their team’s success. Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you’ll be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
Palo Alto, CA
About the Team
Tesla is looking for a brilliant engineering intern to develop and manage the design verification and test environment for our hardware team.
What to Expect
- Verify design functionality and ensure test coverage of various use cases.
- Develop test environments, regressions, tools, infrastructure, methodology, and test cases.
- Define and review verification test plans.
- Review and aid in developing the design specification.
- Functional bringup and debug on various platforms and tools
- You will be working with a team of highly talented engineers, who are focused on advancing Tesla’s mission.
Ideal background experiences:
- 1 - 3 years of work experience in a similar position designing, verifying, and validating complex hardware systems, or prior internship experience.
- Working knowledge of SoC architecture including CPU, GPU, peripherals, bus protocols, etc.
- Experience with writing directed and random diagnostics.
- Familiarity with design verification and validation methodologies and strategies.
- Familiarity with power and performance concepts.
- Minimum GPA: 3.6
- Working towards a Master's in computer science, computer engineering, or electrical engineering.
- Solid programming skills in C/C++, Verilog, System Verilog, assembly, and at least one scripting language (Perl/Python preferred).
- Proficient in debugging complex designs.
- Knowledge of verification methodologies like VMM or UVM.
- Deep knowledge in advanced computer architecture and micro-architecture concepts.
- Good communication skills, and a team player.
- Able to work in a fast-paced team and environment.