Information Technology - Operations Internship (Fall 2020)
Internship Program at Tesla
The University Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year around program places the best students in positions that they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by given them projects that are critical to their team’s success. Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you’ll be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
About the Team
As an Intern will partner with experienced technicians and engineers to help provide technical guidance within various levels. You will have the opportunity to provide our internal workforce with infrastructure related support.
Specific project assignments and required technical aptitude will vary based on the needs of the individual hiring team.
IT Help Desk:
Is responsible to troubleshoot and resolve endpoint issues, install and support the systems, and assist with the day-to-day operations for Tesla’s global IT infrastructure to provide for the growth of Tesla’s initiatives.
IT Manufacturing Support:
Is responsible to report to the MES Ops team and support the manufacturing floor for various needs of processing data, troubleshooting various IT issues, help maintain printers, review SOPs, and implement tactical support of changes.
Is responsible for the process of managing the day-to-day IT infrastructure including managing the provisioning, capacity, performance and availability of the computing, networking and application environment. They are also responsible for reviewing data and documenting process flows.
- Currently working towards a BS, MS, or other graduate degree in a relevant engineering program (including, but not limited to: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems).
- Experience with the following; Windows, Mac OS, and Active directory.
- Knowledge and experience with Ticketing systems.
- You must be self-managed and committed to working in a fast-paced environment.
- Professional and positive communication skills.
- Previous internship and/or project experience is a plus.