Software - QA Engineering Internship (Fall 2020)
Internship Program at Tesla
The University Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year around program places the best students in positions that they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by given them projects that are critical to their team’s success. Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you’ll be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
Palo Alto, CA
About the Team
We are looking for a highly motivated mobile engineering intern to create exceptional user experiences for our users. You will need strong software engineering skills, excellent interpersonal communication, and collaborate with our top-notch design team and back end developers. Our goal is to set the bar for what vehicle mobile user experience can be. We want to work with people who are excited by this goal and have the talent to deliver on it.
What to Expect:
As an Intern with Software QA Engineering, you will help to ensure great quality of Tesla’s UI and/or Autopilot software for current and next generation vehicle programs. You will work within the Infotainment and Autopilot SQA teams to manually test new and legacy UI features, help automate testing, implement new tests, and create innovative automated test systems.
- Currently working towards a BS, MS, or advanced degree in a relevant engineering program such as Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Familiarity in a major programming language such as C/C++ or Java, and strong scripting skills in at least one common language (Python, Perl, Ruby, Bash, etc.).
- Demonstrate good understanding of software fundamentals including software design, algorithm development, data structures, code modularity, and maintainability.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of testing concepts including white box and black box testing, regression testing, performance testing, etc.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience with Linux and/or Qtr. a plus.