Research Data Analyst II
Company: University of California, San Francisco
Position Title: Research Data Analyst II
Location: Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital
Position Type: Full Time
Work Days/Shift: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm,
Requisition #: 54533
The Research Analyst works on research data reporting assignments that are of moderate diversity in scope. Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
This position will support the Director of the Center for
Vulnerable Populations and the Benioff Homelessness and Housing Initiative
(BHHI). This includes supporting the Director with synthesizing and summarizing
complex data for briefs, PowerPoint presentations, and reports. This will
include work for the Director’s National Institutes of Health (NIH) funded
research as well as BHHI related studies.
Key responsibilities of the individual include:
• Conducting literature search and review and maintaining
reference libraries for the investigators (utilizing EndNote and/or Zotero)
• Synthesizing data and literature references into high
quality professional presentation format for PowerPoint and scientific poster
• Ability to distil complex data into summaries
• Utilizing data to create figures and visual representations
of complex ideas and methods
• Working with project team to support ongoing grant progress
reports, new grant applications and IRB applications
• Formatting and submitting journal articles for publication
• Maintaining files for ongoing projects of the investigator
• Coordinating research meetings, including scheduling,
taking notes, distributing minutes, following up on deliverables, etc.
CENTER FOR VULNERABLE POPULATIONS / BHHI
The UCSF Center for Vulnerable Populations (CVP) at San
Francisco General Hospital (SFGH) is part of the Department of Medicine (DOM).
The CVP carries out innovative research to prevent and treat chronic disease in
populations for whom social conditions often conspire to both promote various
chronic diseases and make their management more challenging. Founded in 2006,
the CVP is located on the campus of SFGH. Beyond the local communities it
serves, CVP is nationally and internationally known for its research in health
communication and health policy to reduce health disparities, with special
expertise in the social determinants of health, including literacy,
homelessness, food policy, poverty, and minority status, with a focus on the
clinical conditions of pre-diabetes, diabetes, and cardiovascular disease.
The UCSF Benioff Homelessness and Housing Initiative (BHHI)
is a new program within CVP, which launched in July 2019. The initiative’s
goals are to develop and disseminate evidence-based strategies to prevent and
end homelessness by conducting high quality research and disseminating findings
to policymakers and the general public.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a
leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical
research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions,
and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC
system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences.
Required Qualifications :
• Bachelor's degree in
related area and/or equivalent experience/training
• One+ years of work experience in a related field
• Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word,
PowerPoint, and Excel
• Demonstrated skills in conducting literature searches of both peer reviewed
and grey literature
• Knowledge of public health and/or social science topics
• Working knowledge of research function
• Problem solving, analytical and consulting skills
• Strong skills to communicate complex information with all levels of staff
and faculty in a clear and concise manner verbally, in writing, software
• Ability to use sound judgment in responding to issues and concerns
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks
• Solid organizational skills and ability to multi-task with demanding
• Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality
• Ability to work independently
Note: Physical/health screening required.
Preferred Qualifications :
• Graduate degree in Public
Health or Policy or related field and/or equivalent experience/training
• Experience with UCSF systems such as iMedRIS
• Experience using reference management software such as EndNote and/or
• Experience using design software (InDesign, Photoshop, other)
To submit your resume online go to:
Emailed applications are not accepted.
Apply specifically to requisition # 54533 Please note ad code ICRL/54533BR in the ad code field in your applicant profile.
An email address is required for you to submit your resume.
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.