Cybersecurity Teaching Assistant/Counselor (Summer)
The NSLC is looking for enthusiastic, hard-working undergraduate and graduate students to serve as staff members for our summer pre-college, career exploration, computer science and data programs. Staff members should enjoy working with high school students and have experience with data science, analytics, cybersecurity or computer science.
As a Teaching Assistants/Team Advisor (TA), you will:
- Guide students through their NSLC experience.
- Lead small group discussions and debriefings
- Teach academic workshops and facilitate leadership sessions
- Assist Administrative staff, Professors and Leadership Facilitators with program components
- Serve as a chaperone during off-campus trips and with guest speakers
- Reside in the dormitory on the same floors as students, serving as a Resident Advisor
- Note: Staff members may work half of or the entire summer.
- Team Advisors are generally current college sophomores – seniors or graduate students. Current freshman are generally considered for one of our Assistant Team Advisor (ATA) positions.
- Candidates should have completed coursework in the fields of computer science, data science, analytics and/or mathematics.
- NSLC has a primary focus on leadership development. Applicants with leadership and residential life experience/training preferred.
- Candidates should have some experience working with youth.
2022 computer science and data science related programs include:
NSLC sites are located on college and university campuses around the United States and internationally. Summer 2021 sites include:
- American University (Washington, District of Columbia) - Cybersecurity
- Georgia Tech (Atlanta, Georgia) - Data Science
- University of California (Los Angeles, California) - Game Design
Compensation: In addition to room, board and travel, TA's will receive a stipend throughout the summer.