Intern, Business Excellence
INNOVATION STARTS WITH YOU
Are you interested in working for an organization that is making a difference in people’s lives every day? We’re a medical devices company that develops innovative neuroendovascular technologies for the treatment of vascular disease. We’re a high-growth, customer-focused company with an entrepreneurial spirit producing some of the most reliable and technologically advanced products supported by proven clinical data. Take a closer look at what MicroVention® TERUMO has to offer.
Our summer internship program immerses each intern in an interactive, project-based work environment. Over the span of three months, interns will participate in an in-depth orientation week, facility tours, Leadership Speaker Series Q&A panel, community service activities, baseball games, and beach bashes—all crafted to invest in our interns’ personal and professional development. Year over year, MicroVention continues to have best-in-class conversion rates, converting interns in the following departments: HR, HR Communications, Talent Development, Marketing, R&D, Manufacturing, Quality, Regulatory, Accounting, and more.
Business Excellence Intern
This internship is for an individual who wants to broaden their skills and take on diverse responsibilities as part of a fast-growing advanced medical technology company that will impact millions of lives. The role of the Business Excellence Intern is to work closely with R&D and Operations in providing a key component of the product life cycle management on all production cases. In addition, the candidate will also support engineering by creating assembly drawings, standard drawings, and models. Typical duties include:
- Create and maintains short/long term capacity planning scenarios for senior leadership to review and make strategic decisions (WW Capacity and Space Planning).
- Report to PLM/SAP Manager to identify risks and recommend steps for escalation, prioritization and risk mitigation.
- Identify training required to ensure appropriate level of business acumen for mgmt. team and engineering.
- Prepare and maintain application technical documents using CAD, GD&T standards.
- Partner with Manufacturing, Supply Chain and other departments to create meaningful metrics facilitating informed decisions by functional manager
- Design, develop, and test simple to moderate complexity assembly and test fixtures.
- Update CAD drawings in accordance with PLM standards.
- Support a range of engineering activities for new product development.
- Review and update BOM's; Performs additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Working toward a Bachelor degree
- Experience working effectively and confidently in a team environment
- Strong analytical and organization skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented approach to tasks and problem solving
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities with attention to detail
- Able to work with multiple Associates and prioritize projects to meet deadlines
- MS Office proficiency with emphasis on Excel software
- Experience in Solid Work
- Understand the meaning of data analysis to provide value for business decision.
- Knowledge in 3D printing technology is a plus.
- PLM/SAP experience is a plus
- Interest/experience in the medical devices industry.
- Strong software applications experience
- Experience in Solid Works
- The primary work location for this position is Aliso Viejo, CA (company headquarters).
- Relocation may be available for qualified candidates.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. and not require visa sponsorship.
- For more information, visit our web site at www.microvention.com and our LinkedIn page at https://www.linkedin.com/company/microvention/life/ur.