Financial Data Science Internship
Position Title: Financial Data Science Intern
Location: Woodland Hills, CA
Date: Summer 2020
New York Mortgage Trust, Inc (NASDAQ: NYMT) is an internally managed real estate investment trust, or REIT, is an internally managed REIT in the business of acquiring, investing in, financing and managing mortgage-related and residential housing-related assets and targets multi-family CMBS, direct financing to owners of multi-family properties through preferred equity and mezzanine loan investments, residential mortgage loans (including distressed residential mortgage loans, non-QM loans, second mortgage loans and other residential mortgage loans), non-Agency RMBS, Agency RMBS and other mortgage-related and residential housing-related investments.
NYMT Los Angeles office is looking for college juniors interested in a Data Science intern position who will work with financial and accounting data and moving data across the pipeline and user interfaces to make processes more efficient. This is intended to be a summer program and is a great way for students to sharpen their technical ability while working with current market and financial data.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and desire to excel in a dynamic work environment
- Proficiency in a programming language (any but Python/C# is desired) and SQL
- Working knowledge of relational database, database structure, and algorithms
- High level of academic achievement; minimum GPA 3.0
Approximately 7am to 3pm M-F