Financial Planning & Performance - Master's Internship
This position supports Kaiser Permanente Medical Center Leadership with financial management and strategic analysis to help implement KP's organizational goals of delivering quality, service and value to our members.
Specific Qualities and Target Skill set:
Able to formulate study designs and conduct analyses. Working knowledge of financial analysis policies, practices and systems. Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated problem solving and organization skills Works under general guidance; accountable to complete work assignments.
Collects data, researches, and prepares analysis for regional, departmental or functional budget performance and projects. Performs ad-hoc projects/studies of moderate scope utilizing knowledge of finance theories such as present value and cash flow analysis. Identifies, recommends and participates in process improvements
• Responsible for contributing high level analytical support to a project or department requiring application of knowledge in marketing, information management, finance, management, economics or statistics.
• This position contributes to a full range of project components.
• Assigned to at least one project and expected to produce results and report out as a member of a project team.
• Organizes assigned project tasks, identifies and structures information collection activities, and sets time lines for completion of required tasks as directed.
• Develops tools to identify and to document best practices.
• Prepares various excel, word or PowerPoint reports, and works w/ access database software (or similar tool) to develop data extracts and management information reports.
• May be asked to produce graphic information using excel or PowerPoint or similar software.
• Contributes to development of management information and analysis conducted, provides recommendations and assists w/ preparation of formal presentations to communicate results to various management levels.
• Identifies alternative solutions to project issues.
• Contributes to development project plans to ensure timely deliverables and successful completion of project and demonstrates an understanding of various business intersections.
• Assists w/ identification and development of training information.
• Enrolled in or recent graduate of a MBA or other Master's level program with an accredited college or university.
License, Certification, Registration
• Solid analytical skills, problem solving, project management and critical thinking.
• Strong project management skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to utilize at a working level Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access.
• Must be able to work in a Labor/ Management Partnership environment.
• Knowledge of SQL or SAS highly desirable.
Primary Location: California-Redwood City-Redwood City 901 Marshall 901 Marshall St.