Internship - Systems Engineering
As an Intern in our Systems Engineering Department, you will assist in the development of proprietary engineering analysis software, provide data collection, organization and review services in support of algorithm development and/or software verification activities. In addition, you will perform data analysis using proprietary software systems. Your work will include devising breadboard implementations of algorithms in MatLab or Mathematica environments to solve a variety of data analysis problems, and then implementing these solutions in engineering software packages.
You will benefit from working side by side with a talented and experienced group of professionals eager to mentor. Day to day activities can involve significant interaction with various functional groups such as Engineering, Operations, Finance, Supply Chain and Quality, allowing for additional broad learning opportunities.
A stipend and/or housing allowance is offered to those who meet the eligibility requirements. Students are responsible for securing their own housing if needed.
· Must be enrolled as a full time student preceding and following the assignment
· GPA of 3.0 or above is required at both the time of application and start date
· Due to contract requirements, this position is only available to US Citizens (No Dual Citizenship)
· Ability to work independently
· Strong analytical skills coupled with the ability to develop strategy
· Teamwork & Collaboration
· Strong interpersonal and communications skills
· Experience with C#, Mathematica, or MatLab a plus
Candidate must be pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Physics, Mathematics. or an engineering degree. In addition you must have completed a minimum of 24 college credits.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
This position requires US citizenship only and no dual citizenship
This is a paid position and will begin either May 18, 2020 or June 1st and is Full Time – 40 hours a week. It will run through August 2020.