Architectural Lighting Application Intern
We are Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting.
We’re the world leader in lighting for professionals, consumers and for the Internet of Things. Our passion for sustainability makes us one of the top 10 greenest companies in the world.
See #SignifyLife through the eyes of our employees!
Working as an Architectural Lighting Application Intern at Signify is dynamic! In this role, you will be responsible for product selection and creating rendering and calculations to demonstrate the products' capabilities.
This internship role is within the Lighting Application Specialist North America team in Burlington, MA and its responsibilities are product application and design consultation, so creative thinking and problem solving must be in your DNA.
As an Architectural Lighting Application Intern, you will work from June 1st to August 21st. These are not fixed dates and can be adjusted.
What you’ll do
- Create renderings using AGi32, Photoshop, Revit and other related programs to showcase our products' capabilities
- Read and create architectural CAD drawings
- Calculate light levels for indoor and outdoor lighting applications
- Become a product expert able to recommend the correct product and system for each application
What you’ll need
- Currently in pursuit of a Bachelor Degree in Architecture, or related; will also consider 2019 graduates
- Strong interest in architecture and lighting design
- Experience with AutoCAD and/or Revit
- Photoshop, Illustrator, or InDesign experience
- Excellent communicator and team focused but also able to work independently
- Time management skills and can manage multiple priorities
What you’ll get in return…
You will have a unique opportunity to make a difference by innovating new IoT applications, data and analytics enabled systems and services for the Philips Lighting business. You will have a great opportunity to create innovations and technical breakthroughs with major potential business impact, drive them to business successes, protected by relevant IP. You will conduct end-to-end innovation with the business, markets and end-customers by leveraging global teams, and the US entrepreneurial and innovative ecosystem. You will have ample opportunities to partner with world class universities. You will be encouraged to publish and secure your ideas with patents
What we promise
We’re committed to the continuous development of our employees, using our learning to shape the future of light and create a sustainable future. Join the undisputed leader in the lighting industry and be part of our diverse global team. #WeAreSignify #SignifyLife