PRODUCT INTERNSHIP | 2020
Uprise Art is an online art gallery for the next generation of art collectors. Learn more at www.upriseart.com and go behind the scenes at www.upriseart.com/journal.
The Product Intern will gain first-hand experience working for an online art gallery and develop their skills in digital inventory management, enhance product pipelines for unique, one-of-a-kind artworks, and research new channels to grow the Uprise Art artist roster. This internship offers an accelerated introduction to art business, the New York startup world, and entrepreneurship.
The Product Intern will participate in, and learn about:
- Receiving and cataloguing original artworks in our inventory
- Improving and streamlining a digital inventory system
- Working with the team on exhibitions and consignments
- Researching new channels to grow the Uprise Art artist roster
- Programming exhibitions, special events, and art fairs
- Attending art functions and gallery openings
The Uprise Art Loft in Soho, NYC. Remote applicants are welcome to apply, but priority will be given to those available to work at the Loft.
DATES & HOURS
Part-time internships are 15-20 hours/week. Full-time internships are 40 hours per week. Uprise Art is open Monday-Friday, 9 am - 6 pm. Seasonal internships run for 5 to 6 months, with flexible start and end dates.
ELIGIBILITY & QUALIFICATIONS
- Students or graduated individuals with a background in art history, arts administration, analytics, operations, or supply chain management
- Available for the full term and hours of the internship
- Detail-oriented, resourceful, and hard-working
- Ability to problem solve and think creatively
- Excellent quantitative reasoning, Beginner/Intermediate spreadsheet experience a plus
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS & CONTACT INFORMATION
Please send a cover letter and resume in a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org
Uprise Art provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, or age. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type.