Research Digital Scientist
Givaudan is the global leader in the creation of flavours and fragrances. In close collaboration with food, beverage, consumer product and fragrance partners, we develop tastes and scents that delight consumers the world over. With a passion to understand consumers’ preferences and a passion to innovate, Givaudan creates flavours and fragrances that ‘engage your
About the role:
Givaudan Flavours Science & Technology department is looking for an outstanding Research Digital Scientist to connect our proprietary digital devices with data collection, visualization and analytics for flavour creation and consumer insights by engaging consumers & customers.
You will directly report to the Research Manager while developing the next generation of digital tools using up-to-date digital technologies, machine learning and artificial intelligence.
By working with us, you will:
- Design and develop interactive digital tools (hardware and software) for applications within flavor and food industry.
- Prototype digital tools for proof-of-concept and create ideas, concepts, and requirements for next generation of digital tools.
- Create user-friendly and interactive interfaces for collecting consumer data and engaging customers.
- Establish algorithms using artificial intelligence, machine learning and data science to improve efficiency, visualize data and identify trends & patterns.
- Collaborate closely with multiple partners to identify opportunities, determine use cases and develop plans for global solutions.
- Lead projects from ideation to commercialization by working with diverse teams to achieve milestones.
- Connect and explore large datasets to develop and deploy machine learning techniques that translate insights into research and optimization strategies.
- You will follow ongoing developments in the field of digital tools, machine learning and artificial intelligence, introducing new ideas to us while translating them into business opportunities.
- Advanced degree (PhD. or Master) in engineering, computer science or relevant area of physical/life sciences or BS degree with 5+ years of appropriate experience in a R&D environment.
- Experience developing statistical or machine learning algorithms using Matlab, Python, R or other programming languages.
- Experience developing & engineering hardware and software of digital devices.
- Prototyping digital device for testing and proof-of-concept.
- Background in a flavor & fragrance, pharmaceutical, consumer products and food industry is preferred.
At Givaudan, you contribute to delightful taste and scent experiences that touch people’s lives.
You work within an inspiring teamwork culture – where you can thrive, collaborate and learn from other talented and passionate people across disciplines, regions and divisions.
Join us and Impact Your World
Diversity drives innovation and creates closer connections with our employees, customers and partners.
Givaudan embraces diversity and is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone impacts our world.