Director of Smart Processing
The Business Process Transformation team at Schwab is a cross-functional group that is helping to drive transformation across the firm. We use a variety of methodologies, tools and capabilities to drive large-scale change. Alongside our business and technology partners, we are responsible for protecting and safeguarding the assets of the firm and our clients while continuing to increase scalability, efficiency, and service experience.
The Director of Smart Processing role is central to Schwab’s transformation efforts and the firm’s broader “Smart Processing” strategy. Smart Processing is at the center of Schwab’s sustainable competitive advantage. Smart Processing requires end-to-end, ecosystem strategy, vision, planning, and execution. When executed well, it drives tangible near-term benefits for Schwab and our clients, including greater scale via increased levels of automation and straight-through processing, greater transparency into service and operational processes, and more efficient and personalized service. Smart Processing also drives our long-term strategy through creation of data assets that will power AI and Machine Learning applications leading to even greater scale, personalization, and speed to market for Schwab’s next generation of products and features.
This role owns the strategy development, product vision, execution, and evolution of our most important service, processing, and client experience elements (e.g. opening accounts, moving money, asset acceptance, corporate action elections, etc.). This role would be responsible for integrating technology, data, and process excellence into product strategy and execution, ensuring delivery of business value in line with the broader Smart Processing strategy. This role must build momentum for the product vision with Senior Leaders across the enterprise, while executing flawlessly through agile software development practices.
What you’re good at
- Develop the ongoing strategic vision, business case, roadmap, and delivery plan for your product or service, including organizational change management and adoption
- Ensure firm-wide Smart Processing objectives are met by coordinating across the full Schwab ecosystem including business, channels, technology, change management, process redesign, and product development
- Build momentum for your product or service through stakeholder engagement, senior leader forums, governance meetings, and compelling written communications that support firm-wide scaled planning efforts
- Own business value creation and product cost
- Comply with technology standards and architecture strategy
- Guide sequencing and execution excellence through translation of product vision and strategy into epics, participating in agile ceremonies like Product Increment Planning, and influencing speed to market by identifying gaps / bottlenecks to faster solution delivery
- Direct and coordinate across related initiatives, associated projects, and other activities.
- Build and mature our program infrastructure including codifying best practices, refining the model, developing dashboards and KPIs at the team and product / service level, and building communication channels at the senior level, stakeholder level, and user level
- Create and evolve scaled ecosystem delivery frameworks alongside your Business Process Transformation colleagues to ensure we increase speed to market over time
What you have
- Strong proven business leadership and ability to drive multi-discipline, multi-level teams to deliver exceptional results
- Strong influencing and motivating skills; demonstrated success in building credibility and strong relationships with peers and key stakeholders (typically at a VP and SVP level)
- Demonstrated experience in enabling change and building/leading major components of a critical cross-enterprise transformation initiative, including strategy, structure, methods, resources/skills, etc.
- Ability to partner with internal technology partners at the MD to VP level to ensure methodologies meet the needs of technical and business stakeholders
- Expertise in and proven application success with Agile, Lean, journey mapping, design thinking, digital process automation, and other process optimization/innovation frameworks
- Proven ability to manage complex planning processes across a number of inflight initiatives, and to manage a portfolio of projects/work streams
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to develop concise and effective communications tailored to specific audiences
- Advanced problem solving, analytical and technical skills
- Exemplary business intuition and judgment to help the team solve problems in a way that drives continuous improvement across the program
- Prior experience in financial services, transformation, consulting, or product management preferred
At Schwab, “Own Your Tomorrow” embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees unleash their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in disrupting a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth. We’re a modern financial services firm that stands apart from the industry, where you can go as far as your ambition takes you.
The benefits of working at Schwab: a package designed to empower your health, wealth, career and life.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law.
Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace.
We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.