Thailand Growth Intern (Summer 2020)
We are looking for a highly motivated full-time intern to join our team as an Undergraduate or MBA Thailand Growth Intern. We’re looking for someone who is team-oriented, a strong communicator, and goes above and beyond to get the job done. The ideal Thailand Growth Intern is excited to help us tackle challenging problems, is highly adaptable and eager to learn, and is hungry to jump-in and help drive growth at a young startup.
In this role, you will work directly with the APAC Growth team to take on a variety of responsibilities ranging from day-to-day operations to highly strategic projects. While our headquarters is currently located in Hong Kong, we are searching for an individual who is on the ground in Thailand, and will be able to take the lead on localized opportunities to drive growth in their home market.
You will have a front-row seat to learn how we think about building our business, and you will have an opportunity to add value from day one. You will bring your past experiences to the role and will use your unique perspective to help us think creatively about how to approach the biggest challenges and opportunities facing our company as we strive to continue expanding all across the Asia Pacific Region.
Strong performance in this role may lead to a full-time Country Lead position with SENREVE.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
● Conduct detailed research and reports on local luxury retail market, including leading brands, key competitors, and local trends
● Assist with the management of local influencer/KOL relationships
● Actively research and conduct outreach to synergistic local brands to initiate partnerships, events, and collaborations, and work with APAC Growth team to execute on these initiatives
● Support the APAC Growth team with establishing and maintaining luxury wholesale relationships in their home market, including taking the lead on seeking out relevant opportunities, setting up meetings, assisting the team in any ongoing negotiations, and so on
● Conduct analysis in various functions such as Marketing, Operations, Productions, Sales
● Occasionally assist with day-to-day company operations, including shipping, customs, and duties inquiries
● Entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for the luxury retail industry and deep knowledge of their home market
● Self-starter that can take on projects and manage them end-to-end, seeking help and guidance as needed
● Sound business judgement when interacting with customers, internal stakeholders and external partners
● Quick learner in a fast-paced environment and an appetite to take on a variety of tasks
● Excellent communicator that can clearly synthesize information in a concise manner and maintain a strong relationship with APAC Growth team in Hong Kong
● Takes ownership of deliverables and commits to delivering quality results
● Team-oriented and a strong collaborator; willing to occasionally step-in and take on responsibilities outside of immediate scope when needed
● Exceptional time management skills and accountability
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
● Currently enrolled in their penultimate year at a leading undergraduate/MBA program
● Language(s): English (required), Thai (strongly preferred)
● Experience working in the luxury retail industry a plus (not required)