Business Intelligence Engineer
ABOUT FOCAL SYSTEMS
Focal Systems is a San Francisco based enterprise technology company providing the operating system for retail. Focal enables retailers to improve inventory management, reduce out-of-stocks, optimize the supply chain, enhance the shopper experience, and eliminate checkout lanes. A Focal retailer uses real-time data to prescribe the best action and operate smarter stores.
ABOUT THE POSITION
At Focal Systems, we generate thousands of data points every minute that we utilize to help our clients optimize their store operations. As a business intelligence analyst, your role is to make sense of all these incoming data points, draw actionable conclusions, develop recommendations and then work with clients to help them understand and take action on your findings. This role reports directly to the Head of Product.
- 1-2 years of professional experience in an analytical role working with large data sets
- Demonstrated Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel
- Familiarity with data visualization & BI tools, such as Tableau
- Demonstrated ability to display complex quantitative data in a simple, intuitive format and to present findings in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Computer science degree or background required
- Able to work with Python, SQL and MongoDB
- People skills - must be comfortable presenting to clients and internal stakeholders alike
- Proven, hands-on experience in working & consulting with clients a plus
- Experience in the retail industry is a big plus
- Belief in Focal Core Values (https://focal.systems/values)
- Regular reporting of findings to the senior leadership team.
- Actively working with clients as well as sales, customer success and product teams to deliver valuable insights & solutions for our clients.
- Work as a liaison between our customers and the product team to maximize the value Focal provides
- Build out and maintain our BI platform and data infrastructure.
- Bachelor's or Masters (or foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
We care deeply about the health, happiness, and wellbeing of all of our employees. To that end, we provide:
- Health Insurance
- Catered Lunches
- Paid Sick Leave
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Quarterly Team Retreats