Signal Processing Data Analyst/Engineer
Systems & Technology Research (STR) is a rapidly growing technology company with locations north of Boston, MA, Arlington, VA and near Dayton, OH. We specialize in advanced research and development for defense, intelligence, and national security, trying to understand how to protect our society: from stopping malicious botnet attacks, to understanding cyber vulnerabilities, providing next generation sensors, radar, sonar, communications, and electronic warfare to developing artificial intelligence algorithms and analytics to make sense of the complexity that is exploding around us.
STR is committed to creating a collaborative learning environment that supports deep technical understanding and recognizes the contributions and achievements of all team members. Our work is challenging, but you go home at night knowing that you pushed the forefront of technology and made the world a little safer. We recognize that the world is changing, that it is becoming more connected than ever before, making things change faster than before, and reshaping society in the process. We all want to understand this changing world and leave it better for our work.
We're not just any company. Our people, culture, and attitude along with their unique set of skills, experiences, and perspectives put us on a trajectory to change the world. We can't do it alone, though - we need fellow trailblazers. If you are one, join our team and help to keep our society safe!
- Support research and development efforts in advanced algorithm technology
- Application areas: radar, electronic warfare, sonar, SIGINT, RF geo-location
- Analyze experimental data and measurements, assess performance and identify target areas for improvement or additional trade studies
- Support development of models and simulation of complex physical phenomenology and sensor hardware systems
- Transition algorithms to real-time systems or prototype demonstrators
- Position may involve travel to customer meetings and/or data collections and experiments
- BS or MS degree with relevant experience in electrical engineering/signal processing, physics, applied mathematics or related technical discipline
- Solid mathematical and analytical skills
- Strong Matlab (or similar scientific computing) programming skills
- Good communication skills and ability to work on teams of technical developers
- US citizenship is required, must have ability to obtain a security clearance
STR seeks to provide an outstanding work environment for its employees with excellent benefits and competitive compensation. Full-time employees enjoy 401(k), profit sharing, health and welfare benefits, subsidies for training and conference attendance to foster continued learning and development, and a casual yet technically challenging work environment.
STR is fully dedicated to hiring the most qualified candidate regardless of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any portion of the employment process, email us at email@example.com and provide your name, phone number and email address.
US Citizenship is required for all positions.