Atlanta, GA - Atlanta, GA US (Primary)
Working with clients, the Senior Consultant provides healthcare-related expertise and advice to help organizations improve their business performance in terms of operations, profitability, management, structure, and strategy. As a senior member of the firm, the Senior Consultant is responsible for client services, project management, and business development.
- Performs business development activities to increase and enhance client engagement opportunities.
- Undertakes short-term or long-term projects to address a variety of issues and needs.
- Meets with the client to understand the requirements.
- Gathers and organizes information about the issue to be solved or the procedure to be improved.
- Analyzes data to identify and understand issues to be addressed.
- Presents findings to the client.
- Provides advice, implementation plans, and/or suggestions for improvement according to project objectives.
- Evaluates the client’s needs as warranted and makes adjustments as appropriate.
- Ensures performance meets or exceeds HMA expectations in the following areas:
- Business development
- Billable hour target attainment
- Client and project management
- Manage to budget/project caps established at the outset or assisting in negotiating additional fees
- Meeting quality standards
- All other duties as assigned.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, candidates with a Master’s degree are preferred. Equivalent work experience will be considered. Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in the following areas are desirable: Industrial engineering and operations research, MBA, public health, public policy, economics and/or statistics.
At least 5-15 years of prior experience in consulting, preferably in areas of public-funded healthcare, including but not limited to product development, finance, operations, compliance, process improvement.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of process improvement
- Strong quantitative analysis skills
- Ability to translate complex data for business decision-making
- Strong project management skills.
- Solid time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Capable of handling confidential information in a discrete manner.
- Ability to work extended hours when deadlines are approaching.
Work Aids and Equipment Used
Computer, printer, copier, scanner, fax, telephone, web conferencing.
Work is sedentary in nature and performed in an office environment. Frequent travel to client sites and HMA offices. Involves frequent contact with staff and clients. Work may be stressful at times.
Work requires hand dexterity for office machine operation; stooping, climbing, and bending to files and supplies; mobility to complete errands; stand/sit for up to eight hours each day; ability to communicate clearly when using the telephone; requires sitting; standing, walking, reaching, bending, lifting, and twisting at times; moderate levels of stress.
Health Management Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer