Compounding Production Manager
Celanese is a Fortune 500 global chemical innovation company that engineers and manufactures chemicals used in products essential to everyday living. Headquartered in Dallas, TX, we employ over 7,700 dedicated people working between 43 facilities across 18 countries. We are committed to employee growth and creating shareholder value to ensure continued opportunities make a difference. Our company focuses on the safety of its employees, provides competitive compensation (including benefits starting day 1), and emphasizes giving back to the community. For more information about Celanese and our products please visit www.celanese.com
Develops and maintains daily work processes to achieve flawless daily execution in Compounding Production Unit. Ensures that daily operation is coordinated to support stewardship, quality, reliability, and engagement (SQRE) objectives. Ensures that any resources required to achieve daily execution are available in a timely manner. Implements and executes operation strategy developed by Unit Leader.
- Ensure resources, raw materials and supplies are available for unit operation.
- Translate unit strategy into operating plan, including Unit Technology Plan progression.
- Drive development and engagement of Manufacturing Experts, Learning Facilitator, and 24/7 Team Captains.
- Work with Learning Facilitator and Stewardship Leader to develop the people and knowledge of the core team.
- Support stewardship activities such as Behavior Observation Programs, Near Miss Report, and Life Critical Audits. Track engagement through these leading measures and make adjustments when needed to ensure effectiveness.
- Review, track, and share relevant KPI’s with the team, and work on improvement plans to close gaps, assign PPR’s to resolve gaps.
- Coordinate emerging issues/concerns with the Technology Leader to remove technical roadblocks.
- Administration of process safety requirements (MOC, PHA) – in accordance with the technical team.
- Communicate maintenance requirements with Asset Leader.
- Foster best practices implementation across all unit functions.
- Planning of emerging needs and non-routine activities.
- Execute Unit Technology Plan and Annual Operating Plan received from Unit Leader.
- Reinforce SQRE plans by performing walk-throughs and providing feedback to the core team.
- Provide timely and thoughtful response to escalation issues.
- Drives consistent and proactive improvement performance.
- Ensures effective conduct of operations systems in place for flawless daily execution.
- Strongly motivated individual who can motivate others to achieve core principles.
- Ability to lead and make decisions in a team-based environment towards a common goal.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to communicate internally and externally with all levels of the organization.
- Able to drive engagement and develop people and teams.
- Good decision quality, action oriented, and drives for continuous improvement.
- Root Cause Analysis proficiency.
- Previous leadership experience in manufacturing plant environment.
- BS Chemical or Mechanical Engineering preferred.