As a Contract Specialist GS-1102-07,selected applicants will serve in an entry-level position in the DLA Pathways to Career Excellence (PaCE) Program performing a series of progressively more responsible Contract Specialist functions, along with on-the-job (OJT) training.
- As a Contract Specialist GS-1102-07 your duties generally will be performed in a developmental capacity under the guidance of a higher graded specialist or supervisor and will include, but may not be limited to:
- Procuring items awarded through formal advertising and/or through use of negotiation techniques;
- Reviewing requisitions to determine that proper specifications or purchase descriptions are included in solicitation documents;
- Considering financial responsibility of suppliers by evaluating contract performance on previous contracts;
- Reviewing solicitations and amendments for adequacy and completeness; and,
- Monitoring vendor performance for compliance with terms and conditions of the award.