Early Career Opportunity with Consultant for Mission-Driven Organizations
About Public Profit
Public Profit helps mission-driven organizations use information to improve their practice and deepen impact. Our clients include cities, schools, museums, philanthropies, nonprofits, and policy advocates. We provide program evaluation, evaluation capacity building, strategic program design, and data visualization services.
Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
At Public Profit, we are committed to equity and inclusion for our team, our clients, and the communities we serve.
Because of this commitment, we believe in the power of elevating diverse perspectives, using community-based and human-centered approaches, and listening to understand in order to better empower and serve our clients and communities.
We recognize that many of the issues faced by the communities we serve are the result of systemic oppression that disproportionately affects people along racial, ethnic, gender, and socioeconomic lines. We come to this work from a position of privilege and recognize that it is our responsibility to actively confront our own biases and the systemic injustices we hope to change.
We understand that we will make mistakes in our pursuit of equitable and inclusive outcomes, and we will own the responsibility for taking corrective actions when we do. We believe the journey to greater equity and inclusion is ongoing, but it is a journey we are passionate about and committed to continuing.
Our purpose on this journey is to do more than simply check off a box to say we fulfilled our requirement “to do” equity and inclusion, rather we are tirelessly and continuously learning to find new strategies, methods, and practices in order to uphold our commitment to equity and inclusion for our team, our clients, and the communities we serve.
Project Assistant Position
We are seeking a full-time Project Assistant to provide project and office administration support, including scheduling, preparing materials for meetings, and assisting with data collection and management. Our office is fast-paced, with concurrent high-priority projects and firm deadlines. This position will provide ongoing support to multiple project teams.
Successful team members bring a sense of humor, superlative attention to detail, a passion for learning, and a strong commitment to providing high quality customer service. Our work involves a lot of quantitative data; comfort with numbers a must! We encourage applications from bilingual and bicultural candidates.
What the Position Entails
Support to Public Profit’s Project Teams (70%)
- Support survey distribution: create survey scanning templates, load online surveys into software, prepare online and hard copy files, sort hard copy surveys, package for distribution; collect and track distributed surveys.
- Prepare materials for meetings and trainings, including making copies, and assembling participant materials and packets.
- Take notes during meetings, stakeholder interviews, and focus groups.
- Extract quantitative and qualitative data from various data sources and prep datasets for cleaning, merging, coding, and analysis.
- Provide ongoing support to team members and site representatives through email, phone and in-person communication.
- Assist in creation of client-facing deliverables, including by compiling data, creating data visualizations, formatting, and conducting copy-edits.
Support Public Profit’s Operations (30%)
- Manage logistics for internal team meetings and webinars (e.g. sending invitations, printing session materials, setting up A/V links).
- Manage office supply inventory and communicate with vendors.
- Prepare and manage contracts and associated documents; conduct monthly expense reviews.
- Assist in management of marketing materials (e.g. newsletters, website, staff biographies).
- Schedule meetings and make travel arrangements for staff.
The ideal candidate will have
- Proficiency with common office procedures such as corresponding with colleagues and clients via email and phone in a professional manner.
- Clear writing.
- Strong familiarity with MS Excel and Word.
- Experience working with data, such as through surveys, tracking attendance, taking observational notes.
- Superlative attention to detail; flawless follow-through on assigned tasks.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and to meet established deadlines.
- The ability to work for extended periods while sitting (or standing) at a computer.
What the Project Assistant will gain from this position
- Opportunity to work and collaborate with mission-driven organizations that serve children, families, and communities.
- Opportunity to build skills in data management, data analysis, and program evaluation.
- Chance to be part of a highly productive, collaborative team that is continuously growing and learning.
Logistics and benefits
- We currently intend for this position to start June 1, 2020.
- This is an exempt, full-time position with occasional late-evening hours and regional travel (<5%).
- Annual salary of $47,000; annual revenue share.
- Health insurance for employee through Kaiser.
- 401(k) with employer match.
- Generous professional development budget.
- Position is located at Public Profit’s offices in downtown Oakland.