Director of Enrollment Management
Director of Enrollment Management
Available Summer, 2020
Job Title: Director of Admissions and Enrollment Management
Department: Admissions and Enrollment Management
Reports to: Cecil F. Stodghill Jr., Head of School
Doane Stuart was established in 1975, as an Early Childhood - Grade 12, coeducational college preparatory school, with the merger of two Albany schools—Kenwood Academy, founded in 1852, and St. Agnes School, founded in 1870—that were rooted in the Roman Catholic and Episcopal traditions. The resulting organization is a place where students of all faiths grow and learn together. The school’s emphasis is interfaith; most faiths are celebrated, and students learn about all the world’s major religions. Students are asked to understand why so many people in the world choose a life of faith; they are urged to study many religions, but not required to choose one. The community is based on tolerance and respect. It is a place to grow your mind and build your heart. As a co-educational interfaith school, we welcome students of all backgrounds and traditions. We celebrate diversity, and we provide a nurturing yet challenging environment that prepares students for today’s global community.
The Doane Stuart School is accredited by the New York State Association of Independent Schools, and holds memberships in the National Association of Independent Schools, National Association of Episcopal Schools, National Association for College Admission Counseling, and the College Board.
This position is a full-time, 12-month, staff position beginning the summer of 2020. This position reports directly to the Head of School.
The Doane Stuart School invites applications and nominations for a dynamic, visionary to serve as the Director of Enrollment Management. This role requires a highly-skilled, innovative leader who will serve as the School’s chief strategist on all matters related to enrollment. This position requires full responsibility for creating, leading and managing a comprehensive enrollment program that incorporates best practices in recruitment, admissions, institutional research, record-management, registration and financial aid. This is an exciting opportunity for an enrollment management leader with an entrepreneurial spirit, proven record of implementing best practices, fresh thinking, and an eye for innovation and creativity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overseeing all aspects of the admissions and financial aid operations and is responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing the execution of a multi-year and annual comprehensive enrollment plan with appropriate goals that include strategies to recruit and enroll students.
- Developing annual admissions and financial aid forecasts, predictive models and budgets; building, leading and motivating the appropriate teams to ensure that enrollment goals are met.
- Developing and implementing an integrated marketing and communication plan in partnership with the Director of Communications on print and electronic recruiting collateral, using research-based decisions on message and delivery mediums.
- Providing comprehensive statistical and data-informed analyses necessary to make sound policy decisions.
- Monitoring and assessing data to evaluate the effectiveness of recruitment efforts including social media, marketing and other emerging technologies that enhance yield with potential students and their families.
- A demonstrated understanding of the collaboration between the Enrollment Management & Admissions office as well as Marketing and Development offices.
- Developing and using existing and emerging technologies to communicate and build relationships with students, families, feeder schools, pre-schools and secondary school leadership.
- Planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating the specific programs, services and functions designed to meet institutional objectives related to enrollment management to optimize net tuition revenue.
- Evaluating and improving the practices of the student enrollment experience, including timely, effective and positive engagement with students and families throughout the entirety of their experiences with admissions, financial aid and registration.
- Ensuring campus compliance with any and all laws (International, Federal State and/or Local) surrounding enrollment management.
- Identifying target audiences, establishing enrollment goals and developing and executing effective enrollment management plans designed to attract students.
- Serving as Principal Designated School Official the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)
- Works closely with the Head of School and Chief Finance Officer (CFO) in developing an annual and multi-year financial aid plan that meets enrollment and net tuition revenue objectives.
- Leads the Financial Aid Committee, which reviews financial aid policy and determines financial aid award packages for admitted students.
- Able to view Admissions and Enrollment through a global/international lens. Understand and market the global diversity of The Doane Stuart School.
- In conjunction with the Head of School and CFO, the director is responsible for a financial aid budget of nearly $1.5 million dollars.
- Works with the Director of Communications in allocating a six-figure marketing and operations budget.
- Bachelor’s Degree required (Advanced Degree preferred).
- Demonstrated leadership in education strategic enrollment management, including developing and implementing data-driven programs, budgetary and personnel responsibilities, enrollment management planning, contract management and program development.
- Experience in working with international students.
Qualifications and Skills:
Highly efficient and effective communicator who is a results-oriented individual with strong business acumen, and knowledge of best practices and current trends in the enrollment field.
- Leadership experience with current best practices in enrollment management, admissions, financial aid and registration.
- Experience with current and emerging technology (hardware and software solutions) related to recruitment, admissions and financial aid, including expertise with enrollment management systems and web-based recruitment efforts.
- Experience with process-improvement initiatives and leadership in change-management environments.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with senior leadership on the integration of admissions and school-wide strategic goals.
- Leadership experience in recruiting and supporting a culture of inclusion and diversity.
- Knowledge of national and state issues related to independent school education policies and practices that influence enrollment management.
- The successful candidate will have the ability to balance focusing on operational effectiveness with visionary and strategic thinking.
- The ideal candidate also will demonstrate excellent communication skills, outstanding integrity, and the ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external constituents.
- Experience with data analytics.
- Manage student information systems, budget oversight and financial aid.
Salary and Benefits:
The Doane Stuart School is committed to attracting and retaining outstanding employees through a compensation plan that compares favorably with those of other independent schools in the Capital Region. Individual salary levels are competitive and are determined by educational background and experience.
Applicants should submit a cover letter of interest, current resume, and a list of references with telephone numbers. Materials should be sent to: Cstodghill@doanestuart.org
This position is open until filled. The Doane Stuart School is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).