Enterprise Architect/Business Process Analyst (L2)
In this role, you will support the Army client and serve as the subject matter expert for business architecture analysis, documentation, and development, in alignment with Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF) and Army Business Enterprise Architecture (ABEA). You will work with a variety of Army business process and IT/data owners to define, document, and identify areas of improvements, efficiencies, and value-add across the portfolio of existing Defense Business Systems (DBS) and potential new investments. You will lead facilitation of discussions with stakeholders, from Action Officers to Senior Leaders, to identify core capabilities across enterprise portfolios. Through your efforts, you will be helping the Army to improve its ability to manage its disparate business processes and IT systems, integrate data silos where possible, and improve enterprise decision-making through increased visibility of portfolio workflows.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Lead analysis and documentation of the Army’s business processes including workflows for IT solutions, organizational decisions, and data.
- Help identify opportunities for organizational improvements, initiate and develop recommendations for strategic and tactical solutions.
- Collect and analyze data to evaluate operational difficulties and make recommendations to solve problems.
- Review models for compliance with established Army and industry standards and ensure proper documentation in the Army’s Enterprise Knowledge Repository (EKR).
- Establish relationships with and foster collaboration among all functional areas of the organization.
- As needed, support the System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) changes or updates including collaborating with the Army EKR owners as changes are made in either the repositories or regulations.
Required Skills, Experience and Education:
- At least 6-10 years’ experience in business process and enterprise architecture with Defense/Federal client domains.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in computer science, information systems, or a closely related business or technical field.
- Experience with industry methods for identifying and documenting process improvements, organizational design, and/or performance optimization (e.g. Business Process Re-Engineering, SIPOC analysis, Business Process Modeling Notation).
- Experience with business process modeling and visualization tools.
- Excellent data gathering and analysis skills.
- U.S. Citizenship is required; Must have Active Secret Clearance.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF) v2.
- Familiarity with the Army’s Enterprise Knowledge Repository (EKR).
- Experience modeling with ARIS Designer and/or ARIS Connect.
- TQM, Lean, GB certification or other Six Sigma training / expertise.