Business Process Engineer (VBA)
ERPi is a small business, dedicated to values of trust and integrity. Our mission is to deliver professional services as a trusted agent and expert enterprise program management services for Federal clients. At ERPi, we look for individuals who want to be a part of a team and work collaboratively to offer creative solutions. Here you have the ability to experience a wide range of projects where you can gain experience and skillsets and share your ideas in an environment where employees are encouraged to grow, given more autonomy and empowered to enact change.
Within the VA, the Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) is undergoing an extensive enterprise-wide transformation of its benefits-delivery operations to improve the Veteran’s experience with VBA. A significant component of this transformation is establishing enterprise fraud prevention and data quality improvement capabilities and supporting operations. Specifically, VBA is establishing the processes, tools, and capabilities to 1) eliminate data issues and inconsistencies that lead to Veteran’s benefit disruptions and 2) monitor vulnerabilities and proactively prevent fraud instances before they occur.
In support of this effort, ERPi is looking for qualified Business Process Engineers to:
- Lead the design and implementation of all aspects of new operations (i.e., process, people, technology), including continuous improvement of operations via operations research, process optimization, process improvement, or other types of Industrial Engineering analytical efforts
- Understand complex systems and dependencies driven by policy, politics, vertical and horizontal systems of work, and IT systems to perform root cause analysis
- Identify opportunities and manage implementations for process automation solutions, leveraging technology such as robotic process automation
- Conduct client relations and serve as the primary point of client communication and coordination for all operations activity
- Bachelor’s Degree (e.g., BS, BA)
- Six years of experience in managing and support of the analysis, design, development, and implementation of diverse, enterprise-wide processes and application systems. Tasks may include the design study process; conducting studies in support of system redesign and business process reengineering, improvement and management; developing implementation plans; and supporting the process of implementing and sustaining improvements.
- Experience and application of systems thinking concepts
- Experience facilitating new processes incorporating people, technology, policy and systems into larger and/or existing operational infrastructure
- Experience with operations research and analysis
- Experience/knowledge in areas such as Business Process Improvement/Reengineering, Lean and/or Six Sigma, Performance Measurement/Management, Total Quality Management (TQM), and Implementation/Migration Planning
- Strong analytical skills with a focus on attention to detail
- Ability to be an innovative, resourceful, and collaborative problem solver
- Strong organization, prioritization, team-work and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience consulting in fraud-related environments, either commercial or federal, preferred
- Experience supporting IT Modernization efforts preferred
- MS in Systems or Industrial Engineering, or a similar field preferred
Clearance: Public Trust