Our full-time summer internship program starts in May or June and requires a 10 to 12 week commitment.
The goal of this internship is to able to further our implementation capabilities, to continue to provide accurate data to evolve the marketing message associated with the executions, and finally, to continue to measure and delineate the feedback loop associated with achieving best execution as it continually evolves and betters trading.
The responsibilities of the individual in this position include:
- Running and developing execution analysis on all trading activity for the equities and fixed income executions
- Work on evolving the methodology we are using to measure executions both tactically as well as strategically.
- Managing massive amounts of data and reducing this into a meaningful format which can be acted upon
- Accessing data via various on-line systems, Bloomberg and data vendor websites
- Analyzing data for accuracy which requires working directly with the traders to investigate any questionable values.
- The intern would be given large amounts of data and would be required to group and aggregate data by order type, time, execution venue, etc., and draw conclusions as to the benefits or failures associated with various techniques and technologies used to achieve various benchmarks, etc.
The successful candidate will have extensive demonstrable skills and experiences including the following:
- Must be enrolled at an accredited university and in a 4-year undergraduate program
- High level of proficiency in Excel is a must. Knowledge of Access and data base programming is preferred
- Finance Majors preferred with a minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- Detail oriented; ability to understand cause and effect relationships
- Experience in data analysis
- Individual contributor and effective in a team environment
- Motivated self-reliant self-starter
- Well developed communication skills
- Understanding of financial markets