Job : Cassandra Consultant
Skill (Primary) : Technical Skills (ERS)-Databases-NoSQL-Cassandra
Experience : 7-12 Years
Qualification : B Tech
Location : Connecticut
Job Description :
• Degree in computer science/information systems, engineering or related field preferred; or a corresponding number of years’ experience in technical operations or software engineering.
• 5-6 years of experience in managing Cassandra.
• Demonstrable experience and knowledge with key value, column oriented, and document store non-relational database systems such as Cassandra
• 2-4 years of experience implementing solutions on AWS. Demonstrable skills in writing automation using Cloud formation and Chef. Solid understanding of DynamoDB, Redshift and other AWS technology.
• Experience implementing database security including on wire and at rest encryption.
• 2-4 years’ experience with Linux system administration, configuration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, and security procedures; experience with Windows desired.
• 2-4 years’ experience with relevant scripting languages or programming frameworks desired (Python, Ruby).
• Expertise in database/data design and architectural principles and methodologies.
• 3 or more years of operational experience supporting robust e-commerce, gaming or online businesses in a 24X7 production environment.
• Expertise configuring, implementing and supporting high availability redundancy strategies for data-centric systems.
• Expertise with Disaster Recovery planning and implementation. •
Excellent knowledge of hardware, storage, RAID, and disk subsystem technologies as they pertain to data-centric systems; experience with SAN technologies desired.
• Excellent systems documentation and diagramming skills. •
Experience with project management methodologies, including the handling of complex projects.
• Demonstrated experience with troubleshooting systems issues and effectively diagnosing problems.
• Thorough understanding of TCP/IP fundamentals (DNS, TCP, HTTP), general networking technologies, network architecture and connectivity troubleshooting.-
Knowledge of enterprise storage solutions including SAN and NAS. Reviews migration planning of large, complex deploys. -
Leads significant efforts of a large system implementation, conversion or project; provides leadership across multiple efforts simultaneously. -
Implements process changes within the project team as part of continuous team improvement.-
Interacts regularly with functional teams including (but not limited to) Marketing, Product, Customer Support, and Quality to gather and disseminate information regarding product builds and progress.-
Introduces new technologies, methodologies, and processes to client; keeps informed on new technologies and establishes justification for applicable uses within client. -
Presents technologies and analysis to management to determine purchase and usage.-
Leads the organization with research initiatives to improve extensibility, flexibility, and performance of client’s systems and applications.-
Provides consulting and advisory services to internal enterprise users of the platform. -
Leads or advises pr