Full-Stack Engineering Intern
The Tuesday Company is looking for an engineering student to help us build our civic engagement app this summer.
The Team: We are a small team with big ambitions. We value experimentation, creating working software, and rapid development. We are looking for a Summer 2020 Full-Stack Engineering Intern who has a sense of adventure, a passion for quality work, and an ability to think outside the box.
Responsibilities of a Summer 2020 Full-Stack Engineering Intern:
- Translate story requirements into code from the database to the web browser
- Deploy and maintain production infrastructure
- Deploy websites or other tools that are needed for maintaining our applications
- Break a website into templates and directives so they can be reused elsewhere
- Ability to learn quickly and with gusto
- Experience with coding best practices
- Demonstrated ability to learn or experience with a programming language
- Experience with writing unit tests
- Building integrated Facebook applications
- Ability to utilize a web API framework such as Dropwizard or ExpressJS
- Experience with Docker and containers
- Experience building web applications
- Experience with Sass and/or Less
- Experience with React Native, iOS, or Android applications
Location: This role can be remote or based in our NYC office.
Commitment: We ask for a minimum 10 week, full time commitment with a flexible start-date. This is an unpaid position but we can coordinate with your school to offer academic credit.
To Apply: submit a resume + cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “2020 Engineering Internship.”
In your cover letter, in addition to your qualifications, please indicate when you would be available to start, location preference, and whether you are eligible for funding through your university or other scholarship source.
*Contact Internship and Career Advisor to see if position is eligible for academic credit