At theCut, we build technology for the culture. We’re shaping up the men's grooming experience, building tools that empower and embolden people to live their best lives. With over 9 million appointments booked, a community of tens of thousands of barbers, and over 1 million users, we are the go-to platform for all things men's hair.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who want the opportunity to create a future where everyone looks and feel their best. We're building a culture that's different from the typical startup, one that resonates with all of the things that are synonymous with urban barbershop culture - sports, music, community, pop culture, etc. If you’re curious, passionate, collaborative, and want to join a culture that challenges you to be the best you, come work with us, and let’s inspire confidence and clean cuts, together.
At theCut, our crazy growth has been fueled by word of mouth and a collection of various programs, initiatives, and projects we’ve launched. theCut is looking for a sharp, highly motivated individual to join as an Operations Lead. You'll be responsible for developing data-driven insights, creating strategies, and managing projects to improve the experience for barbers, clients, and shop owners across the US and globally. You’ll work closely with the product team and executive team to launch your projects and drive theCut’s growth. Developing functional business strategies, such as how we balance our marketplace, target and deploy customer promotions, manage local markets and identify and solve operational weaknesses will be core to your responsibilities.
- Roll out initiatives and product features to better support and improve barbers, clients and shop owners experience with theCut
- Drive analysis on important strategic decisions and inform key business initiatives by understanding the key levers
- Develop analytical frameworks to support the company in business decision-making
- Present models, findings and insights to senior management to drive business decisions
- Collaborate and work cross-functionally with other teams including product, customer service and marketing to develop insights and inform broader strategic initiatives
- Build, maintain, communicate, and present detailed reporting at city, regional and mega-regional levels
- Identify operational weaknesses and build automated, scalable processes
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree required
- 2+ years experience in consulting, program/product management, or global operations managing operationally-driven processes
- Excellent stakeholder and project management skills, as well as the ability to both plan and execute projects of varying time horizons and scope with minimal guidance
- A “driver” personality - biased toward action, great collaborator and master simplifier - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery
- Self-motivated, works independently and possesses strong organization and time management skills
- Exceptional Excel/data management skills.
- Proficiency in SQL
- Experience with business intelligence tools
- Passion for theCut and barbershop culture
- You’ve booked a haircut on theCut
- Great medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Student loan repayment plan
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health and wellness stipend
- Free lunch and snacks
- Free company swag
- Free haircuts through theCut
theCut is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. theCut does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. theCut also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. theCut adheres to all relevant state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, theCut will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.