SelectQuote is looking to hire an Information Technology Intern to join our IT team for the summer of 2020. This position will offer the individual the opportunity to complete meaningful project work, using and strengthening their abilities with in demand technology tools. The Information Technology Intern will apply a statistical problem solving approach to questions relating to Select Quote’s Technology Vision & strategy.
As a member of the Select Quote IT Team, the IT Intern will have the opportunity to learn and apply an analytical problem solving approach to a diverse set of business questions. The IT Intern will work directly with the Managers and members of the IT team, as well as other stakeholders who work with technology around Select Quote. This internship will prepare the candidate for future work in the field of IT by equipping them to leverage a variety of tools and techniques to answer business questions!
- Project Management: Story Creation, Usage of Jira Dashboards, Documentation Management, Attendance of Design/Architecture Meetings, Application Design (Node JS with React)
- Data Science & Business Intelligence: Learn & Use SQL, SSRS and source control. Complete a data analysis research project to solve a Select Quote business problem and present findings.
- Create and maintain automated, real time reporting for management stakeholders
- Application Development: Testing Design & Automated JS Scripts, Application Design (Node JS with React), and communication with business partners.
What You Need to be Successful:
- Curious, creative problem solver
- Quick, self-motivated learner
- Python programming experience (pandas, Sklearn, MatPlotLib, Dash/plotly)
- Some exposure to querying SQL databases
- Availability starting Summer 2020 Early May- Early August
- Currently enrolled year of college/university
- Degree focused in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, or Computer Science
- Relevant previous internship experience or the completion of a project that demonstrates aptitude for programing and statistics
- A solid understanding of statistical concepts relating to real world data analytics (correlation, regressions, ANOVA, probability distributions, etc.)
- Ability to work in our Overland Park, KS office for the duration of the internship
- Must be authorized to work in the US
Voted a 2017 "Best Place to Work" by Kansas City Business Journal - our culture is one of innovation, collaboration and continuous learning, all centered around promise to save our customers time and money. SelectQuote has experienced rapid growth in recent years but always keeps a positive workplace culture with open communication across departments and a commitment to inclusion, diversity, and innovation as a main priority.