Established in 2011 AH4R (American Homes 4 Rent) is a market leader in single-family home rentals. We specialize in acquiring well-located homes, renovating them to our Certified Property standard, and leasing and managing operations in 22 State. We stand behind every house, and we are committed to providing professional management and stable ownership so our residents always feel right at home.
The Purchasing Intern will directly assist the Purchasing department at our Las Vegas office with a wide range of projects related to standardization of products, process and procedures for AH4R. This internship is designed to be both educational and practical. In this position, the intern will learn how to take skills she or he may have acquired in school related to his or her areas of interest, and apply them in a professional setting. He or she will gain a better understanding of the role that Purchasing takes within AH4R.
The Purchasing Intern will also directly assist the Purchasing Team with a wide range of projects related to the field. This internship is intended to be educational and will give the needed experience and skills to anyone looking to enter the standardization of products, procedures and pricing as a career. The intent is that the intern gains a better understanding of the role that a Purchasing department plays in a business.
Please apply directly to the link below for consideration.
Internship Learning Objectives/Task Goals:
- Assist with all aspects of standardization through an RFPs or RFQs process.
- Assist Vendor Management in vendors upgrading to Premier status.
- Create new Process & Procedures from scratch with help from the Purchasing Team.
- Respond to RFP submissions
- Maintains open discussion with vendors, manufacturers and importers.
- Research best products for AH4R by keeping in mind ROI.
- Cultivates, maintains vendor and supplier relationships.
- Participates in negotiations for goods, services and obtain best possible with service guaranteed.
- Assist Pricing Specialist with monthly audits and compliance communication to all parties involved.
- Understands current programs set in place and participates by providing solutions to upcoming programs.
- Learn and/or Improves on self-reliance and resourcefulness.
- Ability to work with minimal Guidelines.
- Must have completed a minimum of 2 years of University coursework with a major or concentration in Business.
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality of all aspects of job responsibilities.
- This role will be required to sign and adhere to the terms and conditions of the company’s Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA).
- This role will be required to meet Compliance/Privacy training as a condition of internship
- Critical Thinking and Problem solving.
- Good interpersonal relations with proven communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be proficient in Word and Excel.
- Must be able to pass a background screening
- Excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Availability to commit to 40 hours per week
Intern shall be currently enrolled in an Undergraduate degree program in Business Management, Business Administration, Entrepreneurship, Accounting, Communications, Philosophy or a closely related field. Junior/Senior level highly desired with a 3.0 GPA or greater preferred.
This is a paid internship, however AH4R does not provide housing, relocation, or transportation assistance.
AH4R is an Equal Opportunities Employer
AH4R conducts preemployment background screening
Information regarding AH4R’s collection and use of your personal information can be found at https://www.americanhomes4rent.com/addenda/employee_privacy