Early Career Estimator-Kiewit Offshore Services
Location: Ingleside, TX, US
Requisition ID: 96559
Job Level: Entry Level
Employment Type: Full Time
Are you interested in understanding a construction project from a 30,000 foot view? At Kiewit, one of our keys to company stability is winning work at the right price. Without some of the best estimators in the business, we wouldn’t be where we are today and we’re currently looking for a few more to join our growing team. If you enjoy planning and evaluating a project or constructing and understanding unit and labor cost methods, estimating may be the right career path for you.
Kiewit Offshore Services, a district (or business unit) of Kiewit Corporation that builds structurally complex jackets and topsides for offshore oil drilling rigs. Located in Ingleside, TX, 20 minutes outside of Corpus Christi, the 550-acre fabrication yard is the workplace of 300 staff employees and 1400 craft employees who work in the yard year-round. The projects built by Kiewit Offshore Services require significant equipment planning, detailed cost estimates and schedules, a commitment to safety by all employees, and are truly unforgettable. The Kiewit Offshore Services team is a diverse, tight knit group that enjoys fun team building events such as deep-sea fishing, golfing, and sporting events throughout the year. The employees are extremely schedule driven, high-energy, friendly, and hard workers. Within the Oil, Gas & Chemical Industry, their teams are the best evidenced by the countless project opportunities from owners who seek their expertise when challenged with complex projects. Kiewit Offshore Service leaders are seeking employees who would enjoy living in Southern Texas, ready for a fast-paced career, trainable, and can work well within a diverse team.
This position is located in Ingleside, TX, 20 minutes outside of Corpus Christi.
In this position you’ll provide and/or coordinate full estimating services on large, complex heavy civil/mechanical and electrical construction projects for bid-build/design-build/Engineer, Procure and Construct projects. You’ll be required to develop project estimates requiring bid information. You’ll prepare the estimates to ensure all factors are properly considered, priced, and included in the estimate summary. Other duties will include performing site visits, investigations, job cost projections/ audits and constructability studies.
- Degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related degree.
- Broad knowledge and ability to understand project scheduling, cost control, specifications, and engineering drawings.
- Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment.
- Possess strong mathematical and computer skills (experience with Hard Dollar software preferred).
- Must be able to meet deadlines.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Candidates must possess a strong work ethic.
- Work independently as well as part of a team. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Good attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies.
- Research services for methods, costs and construction techniques.
- Knowledge of construction safety and current federal & OSHA Requirements is preferred.
- Must be willing to travel and /or potentially relocate as the job requires.
Other common names for this role: Estimating, Office Engineer, Engineer 1, Engineer I
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.