FIELD/OFFICE ENGINEER - KIEWIT ENERGY US
Location: Houston, TX, US
Requisition ID: 93479
Job Level: Entry Level
Department: Construction Operations
Employment Type: Full Time
As a Field Engineer, you bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality and unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building "the next big thing" from the ground up. There's a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won't find anywhere else. Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make make a difference in our construction operations. Whether we’re boring tunnels through mountains, turning rivers into energy or building bridges that connect communities, we depend on our passionate, skilled, and safety-obsessed construction professionals to get it done right.
Kiewit Energy was established to better serve the diverse and expanding energy market. Kiewit Energy provides cohesive engineering, procurement and construction services to the oil, gas, refining, chemicals, petrochemicals, biofuels, and other process industries. Early Contract Involvement presence offering clients long-term relationships, providing integrated schedules, realistic construction estimates, and construction driven execution planning.
One of the many things that makes Kiewit’s culture unique is that we go where the work is, which exposes your career to abundant opportunities. We relocate our teams based on the work that is available, combined with the development plans, skill sets and career goals of each team member. This means your Kiewit adventure is custom-designed to meet our shared needs.
• Work with a vibrant and diverse team to build, estimate, and schedule mechanical, electrical and heavy industrial systems.
• Support both administrative and construction activities as assigned by the supervisor, reviewing proposals/specifications, drawings, perform material takeoffs, prepare cost estimates and attend pre-bid investigation meetings.
• Learn how to supervise subcontractors and communicate with vendors.
• Prepare work plans, assure quality control, manage and track costs and materials, schedule equipment, administer safety programs and maintain exceptional owner relations will fall within the job duties as well.
• We are looking for the next generation of leaders who strive for excellence and have the drive and desire it takes to work in the fast paced, heavy construction environment.
• Ability to travel and/or relocate as required
• Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in construction management, engineering or related degree
• Broad knowledge and ability to understand project scheduling and cost control, and to read and understand project owner specifications and engineering drawings
• Working knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office.
• Familiarity with SureTrak, Hard Dollar, Revit, SAP, Pro Log and/or Primavera “P6” is preferred
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment
• Knowledge of construction safety and current federal & OSHA requirements is preferred
• Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
• Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
• Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
• Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.