Master System IT Consultant Intern
*2020 Summer Internship
Lay the groundwork for a dynamic future with an industry leader. At Kaiser Permanente, you'll forge lasting relationships with colleagues across the organization while enjoying the opportunity to grow your experience and hone your expertise on assignments that have real impact. Our interns have worked on everything from analyzing financial software and developing new marketing strategies, to designing mobile apps and helping clinicians improve care delivery. We want you to get the most out of your time here and will give you projects that challenge you to think freely, question thoroughly, and explore deeply.
The Care Delivery Technology Service team delivers services and solutions used in delivery of care across Kaiser Permanente in collaboration with business and IT partners.
- Database access requests
- Database upgrade testing
- Assist with intake requests
- Help to coordinate small projects
- Setting up and facilitating meetings
- Tracking ‘to do’ items
- Developing project status
- Troubleshooting issues with data
- (knowledge of database SQL a plus)
We are looking for Interns who are team players, possess great analytical skills, good with SQLs and project coordination is a plus.
• Contributing to a designated project or initiative to meet a KP business objective.
• Report development and analytics.
• Project management - planning, execution, and measurement.
• Learning new applications needed to complete assignments or support the execution of business objectives.
• Job shadowing in other functional areas.
• Performing additional duties as required.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Pursuing a graduate degree or have completed a graduate program from an accredited university within the last year.
License, Certification, Registration
• Aptitude to perform data and process analytics and formulating solutions
• Proven ability to build effective working relationships as well as strong interpersonal skills
• Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• 3.0 GPA or above.
• Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Proven ability to build effective working relationships as well as strong interpersonal skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to learn quickly and experience producing high quality work in short periods of time.